Debate and Public Speaking Workshops

  • Maria Luz C. Vilches
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2006
      Dear All,

      Here is an annoucement which might benefit your students. Please
      read through and let me know by Monday, Oct. 9 or Tuesday, Oct 10 in
      the morning the names of the students who can attend the events.
      Please choose the best of 2 or 3 from your schools. Slots are
      limited so I need to know the names (and schools) early enough so I
      can communicate this to my co ESU-members who are in charge of the
      event in FEU.

      I look forward to hearing from you.

      Marlu Vilches
      --------

      Dear Colleagues and Fellow English Language Educators,

      The British Council Philippines and the English Speaking Union,
      Philippines jointly invite you and your students to 2 half day
      seminar-workshops to be conducted by two U.K. experts on debate and
      public speaking: James Probert, Deputy Director of Education and
      Head of the Centre for Speech and Debate of the English Speaking
      Union and his student James Dray.

      The workshops are aimed at students who are going to participate in
      debates or debating competitions, of any age from both high school
      and university and for teachers of high school students who are
      involved with running debates or coaching debate teams. The public
      speaking workshop aimed for adults is about speech-making and public
      speaking generally. Following are the details:

      DEBATE SEMINAR-WORKSHOP
      Date: Thurday, 12 October 2006
      Time: 1:00 – 5:00 PM
      Venue: University Conference Center
      Far Eastern University
      Registration Fee: P50.00 to cover snacks

      PUBLIC SPEAKING SEMINAR-WORKSHOP
      Date: Friday, 13 October 2006
      Time: 1:00 – 5:00 PM
      Venue: University Conference Center
      Far Eastern University
      Registration Fee: P50.00 to cover snacks

      We hope that you take this rare opportunity to have you and your
      students participate in workshops facilitated by U.K. experts.

      Yours sincerely,

      AMBASSADOR CESAR BAUTISTA
      Chairman, ESU Philippines
    • NORBERTO CASABAL
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2006

        Dear Dr. Vilches,

        I Informed my students about the said seminar-workshops and they expressed their willingness to participate in Friday's seminar-workshop.  My problem is the number of participants alloted for us, which is 2-3.  Would it be possible to accommodate my 10-15 students?

        Thank you very much!

        norberto casabal

        Date: Friday, 13 October 2006
        Time: 1:00 – 5:00 PM

      • mvilches@ateneo.edu
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2006
          Hi Bert,

          Let me check with the organizers first and then I'll get back to you.

          Thanks,
          Marlu Vilches

          ---

          Quoting NORBERTO CASABAL <greenfield232003@...>:

          > Dear Dr. Vilches,
          >
          > I Informed my students about the said seminar-workshops and they
          > expressed their willingness to participate in Friday's
          > seminar-workshop. My problem is the number of participants alloted for
          > us, which is 2-3. Would it be possible to accommodate my 10-15
          > students?
          >
          > Thank you very much!
          >

          > norberto casabal
          > "Maria Luz C. Vilches" <mvilches@...> wrote:
          > Dear All,
          >
          > Here is an annoucement which might benefit your students. Please
          > read through and let me know by Monday, Oct. 9 or Tuesday, Oct 10 in
          > the morning the names of the students who can attend the events.
          > Please choose the best of 2 or 3 from your schools. Slots are
          > limited so I need to know the names (and schools) early enough so I
          > can communicate this to my co ESU-members who are in charge of the
          > event in FEU.
          >
          > I look forward to hearing from you.
          >
          > Marlu Vilches
          > --------

          > Dear Colleagues and Fellow English Language Educators,
          >
          > The British Council Philippines and the English Speaking Union,
          > Philippines jointly invite you and your students to 2 half day
          > seminar-workshops to be conducted by two U.K. experts on debate and
          > public speaking: James Probert, Deputy Director of Education and
          > Head of the Centre for Speech and Debate of the English Speaking
          > Union and his student James Dray.
          >
          > The workshops are aimed at students who are going to participate in
          > debates or debating competitions, of any age from both high school
          > and university and for teachers of high school students who are
          > involved with running debates or coaching debate teams. The public
          > speaking workshop aimed for adults is about speech-making and public
          > speaking generally. Following are the details:
          >
          > DEBATE SEMINAR-WORKSHOP
          > Date: Thurday, 12 October 2006
          > Time: 1:00 -- 5:00 PM
          > Venue: University Conference Center
          > Far Eastern University
          > Registration Fee: P50.00 to cover snacks
          >
          > PUBLIC SPEAKING SEMINAR-WORKSHOP
          > Date: Friday, 13 October 2006
          > Time: 1:00 -- 5:00 PM
          > Venue: University Conference Center
          > Far Eastern University
          > Registration Fee: P50.00 to cover snacks
          >
          > We hope that you take this rare opportunity to have you and your
          > students participate in workshops facilitated by U.K. experts.
          >
          > Yours sincerely,
          >
          > AMBASSADOR CESAR BAUTISTA
          > Chairman, ESU Philippines

          > http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

          MA. LUZ C. VILCHES, Ph.D.
          Associate Professor
          Chair, Department of English, School of Humanities
          Loyola Schools, Ateneo de Manila University
          Loyola Heights 1108, Quezon City, Philippines
          Tele-fax (632)426-6120
          http://www.ateneo.edu/depts/english/

          "Blossoms are scattered by
          the wind and the wind cares