Dead Moon West Coast, Intern, and Really Red

  • emptyrecordsus
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2004
      Hey, we have a mini update here mainly to alert folks to the small
      west coast Dead Moon tour. They are also heading out for European tour
      soon. But more importantly they have a new LP out on Tombstone "Dead
      Ahead" (2004).
      http://www.deadmoonusa.com/dm_mmcd067.htm

      Dead Moon Tour
      Bottom Of The Hill 03/04/04
      Spaceland 03/05/04
      The Casbah 03/06/04

      Intern???
      Also we are looking for an intern. If you live in Portland and are
      interested in helping out a couple days a week drop us a line. This is
      a no pay position, only free merch and a pat on the back. The job
      encompassed everything to stuffing promos and clipping magazines to
      calling radio stations.
      http://www.emptyrecords.com/empty/about/email.asp

      Out in a few weeks is a awesome reissue of the long out of print
      Really Red LP, "Teaching You the Fear". We are doing CD and LP. LP
      will be limited to 500 with 100 on Red
      http://www.emptyrecords.com/empty/releases/record_detail.asp?
      intRecordId=218

      Really Red
      Teaching You The Fear
      (MTR402)

      The explosive and turbulent Texas of the late 70s produced a wealth of
      great hardcore with the likes of the Dicks and the Big Boys, Right up
      there was Houston's Really Red spitting out their own brand of
      political hardcore. This, their debut release and long out of print,
      inspired "Kill from the Heart" to write:

      "Really Red's first LP is utterly mind blowing from start to finish.
      Their songs follow no convention, boiling in the same musical melting
      pot where the Minutemen and early Wire swam. The vocals often call to
      mind D. Boon, who also could convey fierce emotion whether he was
      singing or shouting, joking or railing... The title track, with its
      menacingly anxious bass line and shakily spoken lyrics "Take one
      Chicano with his hands cuffed behind his back" is one of the most
      haunting political punk songs ever written. When it explodes into the
      chorus and Ronnie spits out "Teaching you the feeee-aaaar! It really
      is a revelation... This is what pop music will sound like after the
      revolution."

      1. TOO POLITICAL?
      2. BORED WITH APATHY
      3. THE FEE