Update from Empire Arms. . .

  • Dennis Jay Kroh
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2004
      Hurricane Frances has comee and (mostly) gone. We currently are
      without power or land-line telephone service (I am connected via my
      laptop and a cell-phone line at the moment).

      No too much damage to our place, but lots of devastation with
      blocked streets and some roofless businesses and houses (as is to be
      expected).

      During our down-time while awaiting the storm's arrival I updated
      our Swiss Schmidt-Rubin page (http://64.82.96.51/K31.htm) amd added
      some more 98k's to our 98k page (http://64.82.96.51/Nazi-98k.htm) We
      also added most of our remaining Swedish M96 Mausers to our "rifles"
      page directly (http://64.82.96.51/rifles.htm).

      Since no vehicles are currently allowed over on the beachside due to
      curfew and mandatory evacation I am unsure just when we will be able
      to resume processing and shipping orders, but I will try to keep our
      pages up to date the best I can and inform those who are ordering
      items if they are successful or not.

      I am still planning on attending the GREAT EASTERN gun-show in
      Louisville this weekend, depending on whether electricity is
      restored and the whims of yet ANOTHER Hurricane (Ivan, currently
      approaching from the Caribbean and possibly a direct threat to us as
      early as next week).

      REMIND me again why living in Florida is so much fun. . . (?)

      Dennis Kroh, owner, Empire Arms
    • Dennis Jay Kroh
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 29, 2004
        Well it has been a couple weeks since we have sent out a "New Stuff"
        page, and unfortunately it will be another couple weeks before we
        will send out our next one.

        I am flying to PHOENIX (Arizona) to attend the "Small Arms Review"
        show on Friday and Saturday, and will not be back until next Friday
        (December 10th).

        Hopefully we will be able to purchase a number of new items to be
        able to offer you while there (although we have obtained some neat
        items since the 9th when we last put out a "New Stuff" list nearly
        everything we acquired was purchased by those who listed itens they
        were looking for on our want-list service at
        http://64.82.96.51/wantlist.htm).

        We have just updated our NAZI 98k webpage at http://64.82.96.51/Nazi-
        98k.htm and added a bunch of rifles fresh from their original
        crates. . . I suggest you have a look.

        The main purpose of this email is to alert you all to a SALE at
        Empire Arms: FREE SHIPPING on all RIFLE and BOOK orders from now
        until December 10th!

        Dennis Kroh, owner
        EMPIRE ARMS
        email: kroh@...
      • Dennis Jay Kroh
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2005
          Doing year-end inventory is never fun. . . what usually takes us
          THREE days to do between Christmas and New Years took NINE DAYS this
          time (many of those being 20-hour work-days).

          I believe we have had the problems we have had in the recent past
          with our website at
          http://www.empirearms.com recitfied, but if you are unable to access
          it that way you can use our "back door" at
          http://64.82.96.51 to access it.

          In case you had not noticed we dropped the price on our "generic"
          Russian-captured 98k's to $219.95 POSTPAID (lower 48 states only).
          These are all decent rifles in excellent condition with full bluing
          and intact Nazi eagle/swastikas. They all have laminated stocks that
          show some actual use and every one has been hand-picked by yours
          truly. {;^>} The only disadvantage to these is you do not get to
          pick the manufacturer or year in which your rifle was produced, but
          it is a HELL of a deal!
          See http://64.82.96.51/Nazi-98k.htm

          We also have a few new BOOKS available on our "books" page
          http://64.82.96.51/books.htm including "MANNLICHER MILITARY RIFLES,
          straight pull and turn bolt designs, A Collectors Guide" by Paul
          Scarlata and "The AK-47 and AK-74 Kalashnikov Rifles and their
          Variations" by Joe Poyer (both first published in 2004). We also
          have more AUTOGRAPHED copies of "Rifles of the White Death, a
          Collector's Guide to Finnish Military Rifles 1918-1944" by Doug
          Bowser, and "Pistols of World War I" by Robert Adamek in stock.

          We added a bunch of one of a kind handgun magazines to our
          new "mags" page at
          http://64.82.96.51/mags.htm (nearly all of them have photos as well).

          As usual for this time of year not much has been happening in the
          milsurp marketplace. There is literally nothing "new & exciting"
          being imported, and it seems very few folks are interested in
          disposing of any guns they may have acquired over the years so we
          have been at somewhat of an impasse as far as acquiring any "new
          stuff" goes. Most of the "stray" items we do acquire are offered and
          quickly sold to those who have registered their want-lists with us.

          There is a gun-show in Lakeland next weekend (the 14th & 15th) that
          usually has some items of interest, and I plan on compiling our
          next "New Stuff" list after I return from it.

          We wish you all a belated HAPPY NEW YEAR, and GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!

          Dennis & Desiree Kroh, owners
          EMPIRE ARMS
          kroh@...
        • Dennis Jay Kroh
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 11, 2005
            We have just added another thirty (30) individually-described
            Russian-captured 98k rifles to our 98k page located at
            http://www.empirearms.com/Nazi-98k.htm.
            We are really starting to RUN LOW on them and our $219.95 "Special"
            POSTPAID pricing on "our pick" rifles (with intact Nazi markings)
            will not last forever and can be rescinded at any time. Those of
            you who have been "sitting on the fence" concerning these really
            should think about snagging a couple of them while it is still
            possible. Our FREE SHIPPING OFFER on two or more 98k rifles ordered
            at the same time may also expire at any time, however it is still
            valid at the moment (even for a combination of one 98k from the list
            AND one of the $219.95 specials).

            Remember, we do NOT charge anything additional if you pay via credit-
            card, and we almost always ship the same day (or the next day if
            after 3PM) that your order has been received.

            With the falling dollar (worth only 70% of what it was at this time
            two years ago) anything imported from overseas is now costing us
            considerably more. Those of you who are hoping for future imports
            at cheaper prices are DREAMING, pure and simple. Availability will
            be MUCH lower and prices will be MUCH higher if this trend
            continues. This is simple economics. . . if you WAIT TO BUY, you
            WILL be sorry!

            Unlike what some people tend to tell themselves or believe, there is
            NOT an unlimited supply of RC 98k rifles available, and once they
            DRY UP they will be GONE!

            * UPCOMING EVENTS

            Here we are once again starting "Speed Weeks" in Daytona Beach.
            Being as we are both NASCAR fans (and since my father-in-law works
            at the speedway) we will be personally attending most of the events
            at the Daytona International Speedway over the next ten days and
            thus EMPIRE ARMS will have limited hours during this period and the
            week following.

            A calendar with our office-hours is posted on our "Rifles" page
            (located at http://www.empirearms.com/rifles.htm) but in a nut-shell
            here is how the next several weeks are lining up:

            EMPIRE ARMS will be OPEN and shipping items ONLY today as well as
            Tuesday & Wednesday of next week (Feb. 15th & 16th), and Monday &
            Tuesday of the following week (Feb. 21st & 22nd). We will be CLOSED
            all the subsequent week (from Wednesday, Feb. 23rd until Wednesday
            March 2nd) as we will be on a buying-trip to LOUISVILLE for the SHOW
            of SHOWS and NATIONAL GUN DAY events.

            If you happen to live within a five-hour drive from Louisville, KY
            you really SHOULD consider attending one (or both) of these shows.
            The amount of material available at the shows (the LARGEST East of
            the Mississippi) is simply STAGGERING! It is ALSO a good place to
            bring anything additional to your needs to offer for sale. In this
            case you need to stop by the GUNBOARDS.COM / EMPIRE ARMS tables
            FIRST to get the best price for your items (there will be a
            GUNBOARDS.COM banner above our tables).

            Our next "New Stuff" list(s) will not appear until the second week
            of March, and should include items we have been able to purchase at
            these important shows.

            * FFLS:

            Those of you who utilize local dealers for transfers need to realize
            that Federal Firearm Licenses EXPIRE every three years. Once they
            expire we need to obtain a current SIGNED copy of the FFL before we
            can ship your dealer any further firearms. We HIGHLY suggest that
            this be done in advance to avoid delays and the possibility that the
            firearm you want is not sold to someone else whose paperwork is in
            order (nothing is more frustrating than that).

            Those of you who have not yet mailed us a signed copy of their
            current FFL (or C&R FFL) really should do this ASAP. EMPIRE ARMS
            does NOT "hold" items pending receipt of payment or paperwork unless
            the buyer indicates that they are sending that info via a next-day
            service (Express Mail, fedex, etc.) and that future unnecessary $$
            expense can be avoided by using a 37-cent stamp now.

            * TERMS OF SALE:

            Those of you who have not read thoroughly our "Terms of Sale" page
            (http://www.empirearms.com/terms.htm) really should go to that site
            and study it. . . it really is quite informative and brings up
            several points that you may not have considered.

            * SHIPPING COSTS:

            EMPIRE ARMS only charges EXACT shipping (in other words, EXACTLY
            what it actually costs us to get the items from us to you). We do
            NOT charge any additional fee for "Packing & Handling" or any other
            B.S. Note that, due to recent UPS price increases, our shipping-
            calculator on our "shopping cart" will likely be a bit off (one of
            the PRIMARY reasons we prefer credit-cards for payment).

            * NEW BOOK:

            There is a GREAT new book on the semiautomatic FN-49 rifles and we
            currently have it IN STOCK. This is a very informative heavily-
            illustrated HARDBOUND reference, and I found myself learning a
            considerable amount that I did not know by looking through it. All
            orders for this volume received before the Daytona 500 on February
            20th will receive FREE SHIPPING (lower 48 states).

            We are also offering FREE SHIPPING on the 98k reference "Backbone of
            the Wehrmacht" at $60.00 POSTPAID (lower 48 states only, offer
            EXPIRES on Feb. 20th).

            Well, I hope I have given you something to think about. . . TTFN!

            Dennis Kroh, owner, EMPIRE ARMS
            email me at kroh@...
            web-site: http://64.82.96.51
          • Dennis Jay Kroh
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
              I'm finally back from the Louisville NATIONAL GUN DAY show, and have
              just caught-up on our necessary paperwork and back-orders.

              We will have twenty handguns and twenty new rifles to put on our
              next "New Stuff" page, which (of course) is nowhere *NEAR* being
              started (much less completed). Look for it to appear at an unusual
              time on an unusual day sometime next week (and, no. . . I do not
              know when that will be, so PUHLEEZE don't ask).

              In the meantime we have *ADDED* some recent bulk C&R purchases of
              EAST GERMAN Makarovs (with spare mag and holster) and RUSSIAN Nagant
              revolvers (with holster and accessories) to our PISTOLS page at
              http://64.82.96.51/pistols.htm
              Please click on that link to see what is available. Quantities are
              somewhat limited.

              We also have a few Russian-captured GERMAN P-38 pistols that have
              NOT been added to the page, but I will tell you about now. . . they
              have 100% finish (Russian hot-dip bluing) all with decent shootable
              bores. All have MATCHING serial numbers (except for magazine, of
              course) and are cleverly import-marked (you will have to search hard
              to find it). The P38's we have come in the following varieties:

              MAUSER 1943 manufacture (byf code), $525
              SPREEWERKE (undated) manufacture, $540
              WALTHER manufacture (ac-code), $550

              Only a few of each of the P-38's are available. . . first come,
              first served, satisfaction guaranteed.

              Finally, as of TODAY all credit-card orders will be required to
              supply the cardholder's mailing address and zipcode, along with the
              CVV number (that "secret" 3 or 4 digit number usually appearing on
              the back of the card) in order be processed (not our idea,
              obviously).

              Good luck, and GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!

              Dennis Kroh, owner
              EMPIRE ARMS