Re: [empire-deluxe] Fw: Play By E-Mail

  • carlfetterman@cs.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2002
      Hi my name is Carl. I would be glad to play a game if you want.

      To start an ED game by email one of the players sets up a board in one of the 3 standard playing modes. If he initiating the game he becomes player 1 and the other player becomes 2. Player 2 is set to remote status. Player 1 then makes his moves and upon completion of his turn saves the game to a file with a name he choses. He then leaves ED and logs onto his Internet provider and creates an email message with the address of player 2 as the recipient. He attaches the file created in ed to this message and mails it to player 2. When player 2 receives the message he detaches the file and saves it in his ed SVGAME folder. Player 2 then starts ed and loads the file sent to him as a saved game. Player 2 then makes his moves and saves the results back into the file sent to him by player 1. He then emails the file back to player 1. You keep repeating that process until either someone is eliminated or decides to surrender.

      I hope that is a clear enough explanation for you if not send me an email and I'll try to clarify things.

      Carl
    • rtyo348985@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2002
        There is an option when selecting players for PBM. You use this setting and
        agree with opponents on combat and production advantages, and size of board.
        Then simply mail the file back and forth after playing turns. I would be
        willing to play anytime.

        Brigadier General Ron