Fw: Play By E-Mail

  • Upadek Ikara
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2002

      Hi.
      My version of the game lacks help file, so... if anybody could explain the basics of playing by e-mail to me, i'd be grateful. Also open for any pbem session with anybody.

      QRDE            (qrde_cc@...)
      vleprazentant of de cartoon crew
      and lord niziołek art-vlepper
      BDG STIKKAZ:
      www.cartooncrew.prv.pl
      www.czytosztuka.prv.pl
      www.pobv.prv.pl
      www.vlepformacja.vi.pl
      Gdzie sprzedać szybko i z zyskiem? My już wiemy - http://aukcje.pf.pl
    • carlfetterman@cs.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2002
        Hi my name is Carl. I would be glad to play a game if you want.

        To start an ED game by email one of the players sets up a board in one of the 3 standard playing modes. If he initiating the game he becomes player 1 and the other player becomes 2. Player 2 is set to remote status. Player 1 then makes his moves and upon completion of his turn saves the game to a file with a name he choses. He then leaves ED and logs onto his Internet provider and creates an email message with the address of player 2 as the recipient. He attaches the file created in ed to this message and mails it to player 2. When player 2 receives the message he detaches the file and saves it in his ed SVGAME folder. Player 2 then starts ed and loads the file sent to him as a saved game. Player 2 then makes his moves and saves the results back into the file sent to him by player 1. He then emails the file back to player 1. You keep repeating that process until either someone is eliminated or decides to surrender.

        I hope that is a clear enough explanation for you if not send me an email and I'll try to clarify things.

        Carl
      • rtyo348985@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2002
          There is an option when selecting players for PBM. You use this setting and
          agree with opponents on combat and production advantages, and size of board.
          Then simply mail the file back and forth after playing turns. I would be
          willing to play anytime.

          Brigadier General Ron