RE: [empire-deluxe] Wondering....

  • Anthony Guter
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2002
      Yes, if you have a ship in a city then there is a chance that an air attack will be counted against the ship rather than the city. I have also lost battleships this way, really frustrating when one has just been crippled and it has taken several moves to get it to apparent safety.  Moral: don't repair ships close to the front line if you can help it

      Anthony
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 2, 2002
        A typical setup for me:

        Me (cyan or purple, but sometimes dark blue): adv3 in both combat &
        production
        Computer opponent 1 (always red): combat adv3 in both
        Computer opponent 2, 3, etc.: combat adv 1 or 2 in both.
        All computer opponents are set at expert skill.

        This makes it a game primarily between me and Red, with the other guys
        as "buffer states", opponents for us to pick on and beat up until the
        big showdown. :)