Re: [empire-deluxe] GEMpire: Anyone got it working under windows yet?

  • Christopher Marshall
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 23, 2001
      I would have done this

      cd c:\gempire\GEMpire
      set CLASSPATH=c:\gempire
      javac *.java
      cd ..
      java GEMpire.MapEditor

      Even though Windows isn't case sensitive on file and
      directory names, I think that java is even when it
      runs
      under windows.

      Chris Marshall

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 23, 2001
        > Chris - ever thought about wrapping everything up
        > into a jar file? Makes
        > life so much easier

        I've thought about. I just haven't gotten around to
        messing with it.

        Chris Marshall

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      • terry
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 23, 2001
          Tim

          Thanks! that seems to make it work I'll have to set up a server and test
          play a game
          terry@...

          > Back up to your "c:\gempire" directory then run the command:
          > java -cp . GEMpire.MapEditor
          >
          > Note the important things: "-cp ." don't forget the dot. The caps in the
          > name are very important.
          >
          > Chris - ever thought about wrapping everything up into a jar file? Makes
          > life so much easier

        • Andy Young
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 23, 2001
            Thanks to terry, Tim, and Chris for the help so far.
            I have the MapEditor working.
            The server seems to be working, but I can't connect to it with a
            client.
            Server startup message is:
            G:\Empirew\gempire\gempire>java -cp . GEMpire.EmpireServer 8000
            test.map GUI
            Your address is cr610230-a/24.112.93.81

            The client message is:
            connect
            host=24.112.93.81
            port=8000
            some sort of IO error occurred while trying to connect
            connect
            host=127.0.0.1
            port=8000
            some sort of IO error occurred while trying to connect

            I can ping 24.112.93.81 and 127.0.0.1

            I shutdown zonealarm with no effect.

            Any ideas?

            --- In empire-deluxe@y..., christopherlmarshall@y... wrote:
            > I'm dying to know.
            >
            > Chris Marshalll
          • Christopher Marshall
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 23, 2001
              Try connecting to localhost port 8000 or to
              127.0.0.1 port 8000.

              Chris Marshall

              http://phonecard.yahoo.com/