Re: [empire-deluxe] GEMpire: Anyone got it working under windows yet?

  • Tim Roberts
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 23, 2001
      Terry -

      Back up to your "c:\gempire" directory then run the command:
      java -cp . GEMpire.MapEditor

      Note the important things: "-cp ." don't forget the dot. The caps in the
      name are very important.

      Chris - ever thought about wrapping everything up into a jar file? Makes
      life so much easier
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 23, 2001
        I would have done this

        cd c:\gempire\GEMpire
        set CLASSPATH=c:\gempire
        javac *.java
        cd ..
        java GEMpire.MapEditor

        Even though Windows isn't case sensitive on file and
        directory names, I think that java is even when it
        runs
        under windows.

        Chris Marshall

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 23, 2001
          > Chris - ever thought about wrapping everything up
          > into a jar file? Makes
          > life so much easier

          I've thought about. I just haven't gotten around to
          messing with it.

          Chris Marshall

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
        • terry
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 23, 2001
            Tim

            Thanks! that seems to make it work I'll have to set up a server and test
            play a game

          • Andy Young
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 23, 2001
              Thanks to terry, Tim, and Chris for the help so far.
              I have the MapEditor working.
              The server seems to be working, but I can't connect to it with a
              client.
              Server startup message is:
              G:\Empirew\gempire\gempire>java -cp . GEMpire.EmpireServer 8000
              test.map GUI
              Your address is cr610230-a/24.112.93.81

              The client message is:
              connect
              host=24.112.93.81
              port=8000
              some sort of IO error occurred while trying to connect
              connect
              host=127.0.0.1
              port=8000
              some sort of IO error occurred while trying to connect

              I can ping 24.112.93.81 and 127.0.0.1

              I shutdown zonealarm with no effect.

              Any ideas?

              --- In empire-deluxe@y..., christopherlmarshall@y... wrote:
              > I'm dying to know.
              >
              > Chris Marshalll
            • Christopher Marshall
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 23, 2001
                Try connecting to localhost port 8000 or to
                127.0.0.1 port 8000.

                Chris Marshall

                http://phonecard.yahoo.com/