EDSecure v1.02

  • Tim Roberts
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2001
      EDSecure v1.02 is available.  You can find it at http://edsecure.armageddonsoftware.com (direct link for those who *already* have EDS installed:  http://edsecure.armageddonsoftware.com/fixes/eds102.exe - 2.5M download).

      Fixes include:
      1)  Much harder to delete a game
      2)  Eliminated '#' from filenames (rumored to cause a bug in Netscape to lose the .eds extension)
      3)  Fixed problem in tourney match writing
      4)  Fixed problem where EDS thought there was no freespace on the drive (on large drives)
      5)  Changed to not allow victory declaration while playing turn.
    • Xeno
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2001
        Would EDSecure be effective on the sort of PBEM game where I take my turn, save the SVG file to a floppy disk, then pass it to the next player?

        Tim Roberts wrote:

        EDSecure v1.02 is available.  You can find it at http://edsecure.armageddonsoftware.com (direct link for those who *already* have EDS installed:  http://edsecure.armageddonsoftware.com/fixes/eds102.exe - 2.5M download). Fixes include:1)  Much harder to delete a game2)  Eliminated '#' from filenames (rumored to cause a bug in Netscape to lose the .eds extension)3)  Fixed problem in tourney match writing4)  Fixed problem where EDS thought there was no freespace on the drive (on large drives)5)  Changed to not allow victory declaration while playing turn.

          Atheism is for pessimists.

        O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O
        Matthew Shelton a.k.a. Matthias a.k.a. Xeno
        * E-mail: mlsheltn@...
        * Homepage: http://www.people.memphis.edu/~mlsheltn

      • Tim Roberts
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2001
          Yes

          If both of you are using EDS - you play your turn, save the .eds file to a
          floppy disk and pass it to the next player.
          If only you are using EDS - you play your turn, save the .svg file to a
          floppy disk and pass it to the next player.

          In fact - you can set your outgoing directory (in EDS) to be your floppy
          drive and EDS will automatically write to it...