Re: [empire-deluxe] Abandon Software

  • Xeno
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2001
      Tim Roberts wrote:

      > Just ran across the following site that everyone might like:
      > "http://www.theunderdogs.org." (you need the period at the end of org -
      > don't ask me why or how they accomplished that)
      >
      > This site posts old 'abandon' software - don't know how legal this is but
      >
      > the disclaimer on the front page is..
      > "Disclaimer: Home of the Underdogs does not claim rights to any software
      > on
      > the site. To the best of our knowledge, these titles have been
      > discontinued
      > by their publishers. If you know otherwise, please contact us and we will
      >
      > remove them accordingly. Thank you for your attention."
      >
      > If you are an old time wargamer like myself - you'll find greats like
      > (and
      > that I owned at one point in time):
      > Empire/Empire Deluxe/Empire II
      > Starfleet I & II (also by Mark Baldwin)
      > Ancient Art of War/Ancient Art of War at Sea
      > Wooden Ships & Iron men
      > Battle for Midway
      > many more from the 80's and early 90's including alot from Avalon Hill &
      > SSI

      Also, you had better disable download accelerators like GetRight and
      Gozilla, or they will ban you for sucking up bandwidth.
    • Andrew Peiman
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2001
        And thats not all, there are a couple of rings:

        http://www.pheatsols.com/
        http://www.aplaces.org/
        http://www.tuol.org/

        to name a few.

        =====
        Have a nice day, Andrew Peiman.------------------------------------------------www.despoorzoekers.com -- Alle droppers erheenwww.empire-vault.com -- The Empire Deluxe game------------------------------------------------

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/