Windows version

  • Bill Hunter
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2001
      I found this web site that has the windows version of
      the game for download. Here is the shortcut

      http://xde.net/empirevault/ev_downloads/index_downloads.htm

      Billman
      "Lurker at Large"

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • lidstromca@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2001
        Has anyone tried this version? I always get a "Error Saving
        Preferences file" whenever I go into the config utility and try to
        save.

        Thanks.

        --- In empire-deluxe@y..., Bill Hunter <billmania@y...> wrote:
        > I found this web site that has the windows version of
        > the game for download. Here is the shortcut
        >
        > http://xde.net/empirevault/ev_downloads/index_downloads.htm
        >
        > Billman
        > "Lurker at Large"

        > http://auctions.yahoo.com/
      • r. m
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2001
          i use the windows version and i get no problems what
          so ever....you can download the version i use from my
          web site...
          http://www.angelfire.com/md2/EDworld/index.html
          its been patched so you dont need the passwords for
          congfig....all you have to do is hit cancel...
          if your still haing probs...let me know
          --- lidstromca@... wrote:
          > Has anyone tried this version? I always get a
          > "Error Saving
          > Preferences file" whenever I go into the config
          > utility and try to
          > save.
          >
          > Thanks.
          >

          > --- In empire-deluxe@y..., Bill Hunter
          > <billmania@y...> wrote:
          > > I found this web site that has the windows version
          > of
          > > the game for download. Here is the shortcut

          http://xde.net/empirevault/ev_downloads/index_downloads.htm

          > > Billman
          > > "Lurker at Large"

          > > Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great
          > prices.
          > > http://auctions.yahoo.com/

          http://auctions.yahoo.com/
        • Andy Young
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 28, 2001
            I have been able to reproduce this message by deleting the
            empire\data folder or by extracting everything into one folder. Make
            sure you have "Use Folder Names" turned on when you extract the files.

            I'm going to put this hint on my download site. It should be in the
            Empire Vault too.

            GeneralError
            http://members.home.net/gyoung1/empire