Re: [empire-deluxe] Live Tourney!! - Network Port Forwarding

  • Andy Young
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 20 11:43 AM
      Here is a good video on Network Port Forwarding with a reference to portforwarding.com .  You will need this if you have a router or wireless which is standard from almost any of the big Internet Services.

      How do you know if you have a router?  In the first part of the video he shows how to get the network address of your router using ipconfig .  It is a router if it starts with 192 (mine is 192.168.0.1), otherwise you connect directly to the Internet and you can skip most of the video.  You will still need to know your external IP address as described in ED Help "STARTING A NETWORK GAME"

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDY1i5sUzQg

      Message 35 of 35 , Dec 29, 2013
        If you have a router did you forward the ports IDIE uses?

        Barry

        On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Roger Lindkvist <rohemahe@...> wrote:

        OK, thank you for the info.
        It is probably some firewall settings or some IP address issue that is causing my problems.

        BR
        Roger

        2013/12/29 Roger Lindkvist <rohemahe@...>
        Hi Mike

        is is possible to play EDIE online?
        There is a setup for this but I have never got this to work.
        Do you have any tip to get it working?

        Thank you for your help!

        Best Regards
        Roger Lindkvist