[ANN] EDSecure v1.0

  • Tim Roberts
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2001
      Announcing the release of EDSecure.

      EDSecure was designed to eliminate cheating from the casual user.  EDSecure act's as a shell around Empire Deluxe - monitoring the environment and taking action when needed.  Among the cheats eliminated:
      1)  Turn replay
      2)  Resignation viewing
      3)  Combat/Recon Report cheats
      4)  End Turn cheats

      In addition - a number of other features are available:
      -  Automation of common tasks (password entry, initial build, etc)
      -  Full tournament creation and integration
      -  .svg game management, automation and conversion (to a secured format)
      -  Combat/Production Calculators (via plugin)
      -  Automated Mail Interfaces (via plugin)

      Want to play a multiplayer game AND HAVE IT FINISH!
      EDSecure acts as a password manager for your multiplayer games.  If a player cannot maintain turnaround or ceases to exist, you can use EDSecure to forcibly resign the player from the game.

      Support/Help
      Do NOT email me.  I don't want to answer the same question over and over.  I have provided a news server at news:\\news.armageddonsoftware.com for this purpose.  Please post any questions or comment's in the appropriate newsgroup.

      To Download:
      1)  Go to http:\\edsecure.armageddonsoftware.com
      2)  READ THE DOCUMENTATION - it's important to understand the concepts
      3)  Click the download link and download - simply run the setup.exe file to setup EDSecure
      4)  Check out the plugins link to download mail interface, calculators, etc.

      Good luck,
      Tim Roberts
    • Paul Stevens
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2001
        What, if anything will EDSecure do to my game I am playing against the computer(singleplayer)?
        Paulos

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2001
          I forgot to mention a few things in the announcement that answers this question:

          1)  EDSecure will on work on Windows Platforms using Windows version of Empire Deluxe
          2)  Computer players are not yet supported (but will be in the future)
          3)  ED Live is not yet supported (but will be in the future)