Re: [empire-deluxe] Need Help

  • Brian Nietzold
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 15, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 10 KB
    this is the message

    From: Brian Nietzold <bnietzold@...>
    To: "empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com" <empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com>
    Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 12:44 AM
    Subject: Re: [empire-deluxe] Need Help

    no it just tells me I need to associate it ?

    Message 2 of 12 , Feb 16, 2013
      Mr Bill is at it AGAIN!!!!

      Edward K. Marois
      Computer Programmer/Tech Support/Limited Software Support
      Realty Information Systems
      (203)869-8954
      Please direct all Emails to support@...
      http://www.rissoft.com/

      http://www.facebook.com/rissoft

      A True Property Management Software Company

      Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:35 PM

      Message 3 of 12 , Feb 16, 2013
        Then something is not quite wired right in your operating system. EDEE uses Microsoft magic (the association) in order to call up the email client. There are one of two things with this, either the association is not correct on your system, or possibly EDEE asks for it in a way that is now deprecated. I suspect it is the association. Outlook gets installed with Office, and is not on the machine by default. You have to manually setup the association.

        Try to hook up outlook with the steps show similar to this.

        Let me know how that works out.

        --Mark

        Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:44 PM

        Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:35 PM

        outlook is set as default for email
        but EDEE does not use outlook

        Can not set default email (outlook) under windows 8 for EDEE.

      • winkthom

          Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:44 PM

          Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:35 PM

          Message 5 of 12 , Feb 16, 2013
            If you can sift through the commercial links, this page has instructions for win7 and xp

            To configure Outlook as your default email program in Windows Vista and Windows 7:

            Click Start. Type "default programs" in the Start Search box. Click Default Programs under Programs in the search results. Now click Set your default programs. Highlight Microsoft Office Outlook or Microsoft Outlook on the left. Click Set this program as default. Click OK.

            Make Outlook Your Default Email Program in Windows 98, 2000, and XP

            To set Outlook as your default program for email:

            • Start Internet Explorer.
            • Select Tools | Internet Options from the menu.
            • Go to the Programs tab.
            • Make sure Microsoft Office Outlook or Microsoft Outlook is selected under E-mail.
            • Click OK.

            Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:44 PM

            Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:35 PM

              Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:44 PM