Need Help

  • Brian Nietzold
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 15, 2013
      Can not set default email (outlook) under windows 8 for EDEE.

    • Brian Nietzold
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 15, 2013
        outlook is set as default for email
        but EDEE does not use outlook

        Can not set default email (outlook) under windows 8 for EDEE.

      • David Sonneborn
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 15, 2013
          Outlook is used by edee, just perhaps not in windows 8

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 15, 2013
            Hi Brian,

            Does it try to open something else, or does it not just do anything?

            Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:35 PM
            Subject: Re: [empire-deluxe] Need Help

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 15, 2013
              the message says that I need to create an association...but I have gone through the control panel and under default programs and association and I cant figure out what I am missing?

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 15, 2013
                no it just tells me I need to associate it ?

                Does it try to open something else, or does it not just do anything?

                Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:35 PM

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 15, 2013
                • 1 Attachment
                • 10 KB
                this is the message

                Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:35 PM

                Message 8 of 12 , Feb 16, 2013
                  Mr Bill is at it AGAIN!!!!

                  Edward K. Marois
                  Computer Programmer/Tech Support/Limited Software Support
                  Realty Information Systems
                  (203)869-8954
                  Please direct all Emails to support@...
                  http://www.rissoft.com/

                  http://www.facebook.com/rissoft

                  A True Property Management Software Company

                  Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:35 PM

                  Message 9 of 12 , Feb 16, 2013
                    Then something is not quite wired right in your operating system. EDEE uses Microsoft magic (the association) in order to call up the email client. There are one of two things with this, either the association is not correct on your system, or possibly EDEE asks for it in a way that is now deprecated. I suspect it is the association. Outlook gets installed with Office, and is not on the machine by default. You have to manually setup the association.

                    Try to hook up outlook with the steps show similar to this.

                    Let me know how that works out.

                    --Mark

                    Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:44 PM

                    Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:35 PM

                    outlook is set as default for email
                    but EDEE does not use outlook

                    Can not set default email (outlook) under windows 8 for EDEE.

                  • winkthom

                      Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:44 PM

                      Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:35 PM

                      Message 11 of 12 , Feb 16, 2013
                        If you can sift through the commercial links, this page has instructions for win7 and xp

                        To configure Outlook as your default email program in Windows Vista and Windows 7:

                        Click Start. Type "default programs" in the Start Search box. Click Default Programs under Programs in the search results. Now click Set your default programs. Highlight Microsoft Office Outlook or Microsoft Outlook on the left. Click Set this program as default. Click OK.

                        Make Outlook Your Default Email Program in Windows 98, 2000, and XP

                        To set Outlook as your default program for email:

                        • Start Internet Explorer.
                        • Select Tools | Internet Options from the menu.
                        • Go to the Programs tab.
                        • Make sure Microsoft Office Outlook or Microsoft Outlook is selected under E-mail.
                        • Click OK.

                        Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:44 PM

                        Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:35 PM

                          Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:44 PM