EDSecure

  • troberts@bigfoot.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2000
      Dave Bott just alerted me to this.

      First - DO NOT DOWNLOAD EDSECURE (yet). We have just finished up the
      testing of EDSecure and I'm planning on releasing it on Jan 1st. The
      beta's will NOT work with the released version (to avoid having the
      holes/bugs in the beta versions from propagating).

      I will make an announcement both here, on Sir L's tourney list and
      the empire newsgroup when it is released.

      Second - if you wish to read the documentation (will also be changed
      between now and release), feel free to check out
      http://edsecure.armageddonsoftware.com

      Note: my server's IP address just changed this week and it may take
      a while to propagate the new changes across the internet. If you
      can't reach it, keep trying - it will eventually work.

      Stay tuned,
      Tim Roberts
    • Tim Roberts
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2001
        FYI -

        If you install EDS in the NON-default directory (c:\games\empirew\edsecure), you will NOT be able to use the plugins.  The setup process fails to install a necessary registry entry.

        If you have already installed EDS in the non-default directory, email me and I'll help you correct the situation.  I will be fixing the setup process this weekend for those how haven't downloaded it.

        I'm also in the process of developing a patch to EDS that will allow you to change the directory of the plugins from the Options menu...