Re: [empire-deluxe] The EDEE patch has arrived

  • bnietzold@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 15, 2012
      Thks for your help

      From: "Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee Software" <mok@...>
      Sender: empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 21:15:46 -0600
      To: <empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [empire-deluxe] The EDEE patch has arrived

      Yeah, I suspect this is something beyond EDEE’s control. I was looking on the web and found several people complaining about Win7 with Outlook 2007 (I myself though only Microsoft Mail was working with Win 7, but it looks like Outlook 2007 should be ok.).

      It very possibly could be a resource issue (ie memory usage and availability). It locking up could be a big clue to that – especially when you tell me it does not behave that way when Outlook is already stared – this is what I suspect the most – especially when it has crept up on you (possibly as you have archived more mail). the act of firing up Outlook may be too much for your box with this going on.  Also having other applications doing stuff would add to this, which could explain the intermittent nature of it.

      It is interesting that you are both experiencing this with Outlook 2007. (most likely a resource hog).

      But this is all guess work.

      --Mark

      Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:14 PM

      now it cleared up, very confusing.