Re: [empire-deluxe] The EDEE patch has arrived

    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 12, 2012
      Yeah, I am getting the suspicion that the sorts available are not going to give you what you are used to if you use the “Default” menu option only....the next unit in queue is going to skip around the map. It could be somewhat annoying.

      A work around that is to choose another sort option besides Closest Loc in the default, then at the beginning of your turn, do:

      Control->Queue Sorting...->Closest To Selected Loc

      This will resort the queue via location that one time. Be aware you can also key bind that command.

      Does that make sense?

      --Mark

      Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 2:50 PM
      Subject: Re: [empire-deluxe] The EDEE patch has arrived

      Many thanks, will try to Control setting...or just do the workarounds :-)

      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 14, 2012
        mark
        the edee stopped automatically openning outlook at the end of my turn, the edee just locks up any thoughts/?

        Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 2:50 PM

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 14, 2012
          EDEE uses Microsoft Magic to do this, so it is hard to pinpoint where the problem lies. What operating system and default email program are you using?

          Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:38 PM

          Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 2:50 PM

[...]

        • Leo_Tracy
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 14, 2012

            For me it is Windows 7 and outlook 2007.  It works most of the time for me but the lockup does happen occasionally.

            Thanks,

                            Leo

            Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:38 PM

            Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 2:50 PM

[...]

          • David Sonneborn
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 14, 2012
              Same here, but if outlook is launched, it doesn't lock up on me.

              Sent from my iPhone

              Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:38 PM

              Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 2:50 PM

                Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:38 PM

                Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 2:50 PM

                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 15, 2012
                  now it cleared up, very confusing.

                  Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:38 PM

                  Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 2:50 PM

                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 15, 2012
                    Yeah, I suspect this is something beyond EDEE’s control. I was looking on the web and found several people complaining about Win7 with Outlook 2007 (I myself though only Microsoft Mail was working with Win 7, but it looks like Outlook 2007 should be ok.).

                    It very possibly could be a resource issue (ie memory usage and availability). It locking up could be a big clue to that – especially when you tell me it does not behave that way when Outlook is already stared – this is what I suspect the most – especially when it has crept up on you (possibly as you have archived more mail). the act of firing up Outlook may be too much for your box with this going on.  Also having other applications doing stuff would add to this, which could explain the intermittent nature of it.

                    It is interesting that you are both experiencing this with Outlook 2007. (most likely a resource hog).

                    But this is all guess work.

                    --Mark

                    Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:14 PM

                    Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:38 PM