Re: [empire-deluxe] The EDEE patch has arrived

  • Spratz86
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 12, 2012
      I've seen the same 'issue'.  I typically have something 'wait' at the beginning so I have a chance to review everything before the game tries to save.

      I think this is a result of the grouping that MOK did, where everything in that general area takes it's turn before it moves to another area on the map.

      No help to you, but at least you're not alone!

      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 12, 2012
        Ditto, but I have found the way around it.  Scroll to another area of the map and click on any other unit.  It will break out of the cycle.  You might end up in a new loop, but you just break it by doing the same thing with another unit.  Usually works best if you scroll the map so that the old units cycling are no longer in view.

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 12, 2012
          Spratz’s observation is  correct. This is due to the “Queue Sorting” of “Closet to Selected Loc”. If it is not what you want, change the sorting method:

          Control->Queue Sorting...

          or

          Control->Queue Default Sort (to change it permanently)

[...]

        • Jimbo Toronto
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 12, 2012
            Many thanks, will try to Control setting...or just do the workarounds :-)

            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 12, 2012
              Ah, descisions, descisions....

              Thanks for letting me know the proper way out!

              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 12, 2012
                Yeah, I am getting the suspicion that the sorts available are not going to give you what you are used to if you use the “Default” menu option only....the next unit in queue is going to skip around the map. It could be somewhat annoying.

                A work around that is to choose another sort option besides Closest Loc in the default, then at the beginning of your turn, do:

                Control->Queue Sorting...->Closest To Selected Loc

                This will resort the queue via location that one time. Be aware you can also key bind that command.

                Does that make sense?

                --Mark

                Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 2:50 PM

[...]

              • Brian Nietzold
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 14, 2012
                  mark
                  the edee stopped automatically openning outlook at the end of my turn, the edee just locks up any thoughts/?

                  Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 2:50 PM

                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 14, 2012
                    EDEE uses Microsoft Magic to do this, so it is hard to pinpoint where the problem lies. What operating system and default email program are you using?

                    Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:38 PM

                    Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 2:50 PM

[...]

                  • Leo_Tracy
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 14, 2012

                      For me it is Windows 7 and outlook 2007.  It works most of the time for me but the lockup does happen occasionally.

                      Thanks,

                                      Leo

                      Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:38 PM

                      Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 2:50 PM

                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 14, 2012
                        Same here, but if outlook is launched, it doesn't lock up on me.

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:38 PM

                        Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 2:50 PM

                          Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:38 PM

                          Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 2:50 PM

                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 15, 2012
                            now it cleared up, very confusing.

                            Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:38 PM

                            Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 2:50 PM

                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 15, 2012
                              Yeah, I suspect this is something beyond EDEE’s control. I was looking on the web and found several people complaining about Win7 with Outlook 2007 (I myself though only Microsoft Mail was working with Win 7, but it looks like Outlook 2007 should be ok.).

                              It very possibly could be a resource issue (ie memory usage and availability). It locking up could be a big clue to that – especially when you tell me it does not behave that way when Outlook is already stared – this is what I suspect the most – especially when it has crept up on you (possibly as you have archived more mail). the act of firing up Outlook may be too much for your box with this going on.  Also having other applications doing stuff would add to this, which could explain the intermittent nature of it.

                              It is interesting that you are both experiencing this with Outlook 2007. (most likely a resource hog).

                              But this is all guess work.

                              --Mark

                              Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:14 PM

                              Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:38 PM