Moving from EDIE to EDEE

  • herb2021
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12, 2012
      I have been playing EDIE (and ED before that) since the 90's. Finally decided I should move to EDEE. Downloaded the demo and find that the changes are considerable.
      I would like to make EDEE look a lot more like EDIE at least for awhile. Get used to the new stuff, then start adding in all the new stuff slowly.
      Has anyone already built configuration files for doing this?
    • Andrew Platfoot
      Message 2 of 7 , May 12, 2012
        There is a modified unit set by a chap called Rich called SoloMod that might fit the bill for you.

        Not sure who has teh latest copy, but someone in the group might come back and say.

        Cheers and welcome to the bright side.

        I have been playing EDIE (and ED before that) since the 90's. Finally decided I should move to EDEE. Downloaded the demo and find that the changes are considerable.
        I would like to make EDEE look a lot more like EDIE at least for awhile. Get used to the new stuff, then start adding in all the new stuff slowly.
        Has anyone already built configuration files for doing this?

      • Andrew Nuxoll
        Message 3 of 7 , May 12, 2012
          SoloMod certainly has a simpler set of units compared to EDEE, but I don't think it's really like EDIE either.  It's been so long since I've played ED, though, that I don't remember what's new anymore. :(

          What I do remember was that the transition was remarkably smooth.  I just started with the default configuration and only built units that I was familiar with (fighter, transport, infantry) and then gradually added others as they caught my interest.

          I'll poke around some this afternoon and see if I can create an EDIE configuration.

          :AMN:

          Message 4 of 7 , May 12, 2012
            Well, why not.  I created a game configuration file that is as close to EDIE as I could figure.  You can download it here:

            Instructions for installing the configuration file and also a list of EDIE commands and how they translate to EDEE is available in the zip as well.

            :AMN:

            On 05/12/2012 04:04 PM, herb2021 wrote:

            I have been playing EDIE (and ED before that) since the 90's. Finally decided I should move to EDEE. Downloaded the demo and find that the changes are considerable.
            I would like to make EDEE look a lot more like EDIE at least for awhile. Get used to the new stuff, then start adding in all the new stuff slowly.
            Has anyone already built configuration files for doing this?

          • Herb Smith
            Message 5 of 7 , May 13, 2012
              Thanks,
                 I have downloaded the file and will try it out.

              Herb Smith

              Andrew Nuxoll wrote:

              Well, why not.  I created a game configuration file that is as close to EDIE as I could figure.  You can download it here:

              Instructions for installing the configuration file and also a list of EDIE commands and how they translate to EDEE is available in the zip as well.

              :AMN:

              On 05/12/2012 04:04 PM, herb2021 wrote:

              I have been playing EDIE (and ED before that) since the 90's. Finally decided I should move to EDEE. Downloaded the demo and find that the changes are considerable.
              I would like to make EDEE look a lot more like EDIE at least for awhile. Get used to the new stuff, then start adding in all the new stuff slowly.
              Has anyone already built configuration files for doing this?

            • Nathan Foley

                Message 7 of 7 , May 13, 2012
                  I made a couple of changes to the file
                  Turned of  Deep Dive Submarines

                  Under Production rules I turned on
                  Allow Production Specialties
                  Allow Production Efficiencies
                  Allow Production Drain

                  Is the world building DLL like Fubster's

                  I also discovered building really big maps 1000 x 1000 really slows down play

                  Thanks

                  Herb Smith