Re: [empire-deluxe] iPhone/iPad

  • dweldin2@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 24, 2012
      Maybe that's what the news from Mark is for this summer :D

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 24, 2012
        As somebody else suggested, you might try an emulator:

        http://www.padgadget.com/2010/10/26/ipad-runs-dos-and-windows-with-idos-emulator-app/

        Steven
        From the High Mountains of Colorado

        On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Michael Wallack <michael@...> wrote:

        Is anyone aware of an Empire-like game for the iPhone/iPad?

      • Barry M
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 24, 2012
          You have to have a jailbroken Ipad for that, unfortunately, unless you already have the app.

          But that made me wonder if the Dos version of Empire Deluxe might work on one of the Android Dos emulators. I think I'll try to dig that up, I have it somewhere, and try it on an android tablet. I have no idea if it will work or work well enough to be worth doing, but it just might.

          Barry

          --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, Steven Woodcock <wyrdhaven@...> wrote:

          > As somebody else suggested, you might try an emulator:
          >
          > http://www.padgadget.com/2010/10/26/ipad-runs-dos-and-windows-with-idos-emulator-app/
          >

          > Steven
          > From the High Mountains of Colorado
          >
          > On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Michael Wallack <michael@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Is anyone aware of an Empire-like game for the iPhone/iPad?

        • Andrew Peiman
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012
            I for one would like to hope that Mark is working on this. But then again, a newer version of EDEE would also be nice.

            Have a nice day,
            Andrew.

            You have to have a jailbroken Ipad for that, unfortunately, unless you already have the app.

            But that made me wonder if the Dos version of Empire Deluxe might work on one of the Android Dos emulators. I think I'll try to dig that up, I have it somewhere, and try it on an android tablet. I have no idea if it will work or work well enough to be worth doing, but it just might.

            Barry

            --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, Steven Woodcock <wyrdhaven@...> wrote:

            > As somebody else suggested, you might try an emulator:
            >
            > http://www.padgadget.com/2010/10/26/ipad-runs-dos-and-windows-with-idos-emulator-app/
            >

            > Steven
            > From the High Mountains of Colorado
            >
            > On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Michael Wallack <michael@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Is anyone aware of an Empire-like game for the iPhone/iPad?

          • Barry Marks
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012
              I bought EDEE a long time ago but I haven't played it in years.  I still play a small game of EDIE every week, sometimes twice or 3 times.  I'd enjoy it on a tablet.

              Barry