iPhone/iPad

  • Michael Wallack
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 24, 2012
      Is anyone aware of an Empire-like game for the iPhone/iPad?
    • karawane_71
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 24, 2012
        Why don't you get an emulator and play the original?

        --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Wallack" <michael@...> wrote:

        > Is anyone aware of an Empire-like game for the iPhone/iPad?

      • Nathan Foley
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 24, 2012
          There really isn't anything.

          Uniwar is somewhat similar.  It's on a hex map instead of squares and there are I think 7 or 8 units per race (three races), but the maps are small, symmetrical and pre-made so there's a lot less variety to the gameplay.  That didn't stop me from dumping a hundred or so hours into it though.

          I also played Strategic Assault.  It's a turn-based strategy game with much larger maps and a sort of WW2 setting, but my first impression was crummy and I never got much into it.

          Nathan

        • dweldin2@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 24, 2012
            Maybe that's what the news from Mark is for this summer :D

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 24, 2012
              As somebody else suggested, you might try an emulator:

              http://www.padgadget.com/2010/10/26/ipad-runs-dos-and-windows-with-idos-emulator-app/

              Steven
              From the High Mountains of Colorado

              On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Michael Wallack <michael@...> wrote:

              Is anyone aware of an Empire-like game for the iPhone/iPad?

            • Barry M
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 24, 2012
                You have to have a jailbroken Ipad for that, unfortunately, unless you already have the app.

                But that made me wonder if the Dos version of Empire Deluxe might work on one of the Android Dos emulators. I think I'll try to dig that up, I have it somewhere, and try it on an android tablet. I have no idea if it will work or work well enough to be worth doing, but it just might.

                Barry

                --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, Steven Woodcock <wyrdhaven@...> wrote:

                > As somebody else suggested, you might try an emulator:
                >
                > http://www.padgadget.com/2010/10/26/ipad-runs-dos-and-windows-with-idos-emulator-app/
                >

                > Steven
                > From the High Mountains of Colorado
                >
                > On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Michael Wallack <michael@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > Is anyone aware of an Empire-like game for the iPhone/iPad?

              • Andrew Peiman
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012
                  I for one would like to hope that Mark is working on this. But then again, a newer version of EDEE would also be nice.

                  Have a nice day,
                  Andrew.

                  You have to have a jailbroken Ipad for that, unfortunately, unless you already have the app.

                  But that made me wonder if the Dos version of Empire Deluxe might work on one of the Android Dos emulators. I think I'll try to dig that up, I have it somewhere, and try it on an android tablet. I have no idea if it will work or work well enough to be worth doing, but it just might.

                  Barry

                  --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, Steven Woodcock <wyrdhaven@...> wrote:

                  > As somebody else suggested, you might try an emulator:
                  >
                  > http://www.padgadget.com/2010/10/26/ipad-runs-dos-and-windows-with-idos-emulator-app/
                  >

                  > Steven
                  > From the High Mountains of Colorado
                  >
                  > On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Michael Wallack <michael@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > Is anyone aware of an Empire-like game for the iPhone/iPad?

                • Barry Marks
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012
                    I bought EDEE a long time ago but I haven't played it in years.  I still play a small game of EDIE every week, sometimes twice or 3 times.  I'd enjoy it on a tablet.

                    Barry