Commands

  • Arved
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 6, 2012
      I might be missing something, but I remember an order that would move units from one city to another. Path?

      It was useful to have armies or infantries created in one city automatically move to a city where a transport was being produced, or would be docked to pick up units. It was also useful for setting up patrols, either for ground, sea, or air units (and all three were separately configurable).

      Been a long time. I remember when the game was character based. :-)

      That said, there are features and units I can't figure out how to use, and the surprise of finding a missile available for use at a recently captured city. Time to RTFM. :-D

      - Arved

      --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, armand defrank <flytierwon@...> wrote:

      > On 2/13/2012 10:57 AM, Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee Software wrote:
      > >
      > > I have not patched since late 2007, as the issues that have arisen
      > > since then were minor and I have sent out probably a half dozen or so
      > > "special" versions. So nothing so very specific as the problem
      > > mentioned previously...an few rare AI crashes I believe and some other
      > > minor issues.
      > > I am considering adding a new Order, namely something called "Search
      > > and Destroy" and "Search and Capture", which will essentially tell a
      > > LAND unit to find the nearest enemy to kill, or the nearest city to
      > > capture if possible, or explore if nothing is otherwise found. Seems
      > > like a one key command for some of these big games like that would be
      > > useful.
      > > If anyone has other issues or suggestions feel free to let me know. I
      > > won't make any promises but it does not hurt to ask/discuss.
      > > --Mark

    • Andrew Nuxoll
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 6, 2012
        Arved:

        I'm not surprised you forgot it as it's rather arcane.  I believe the procedure is:

        1.  Press Ctrl-Shift-F1.  This puts you in "Quick Order Points Mode"
        2.  Press and hold the left mouse button on the city where the path begins.  A white circle will appear on the city.
        3.  Drag the cursor to the destination city which creates a visible path line.
        4.  Right click on the destination city and then release both buttons.  (You may just have to release the button.  The right click may be unncessary.)   A dialog will appear.
        5.  In the dialog, select the types of units that you want to automatically follow the path.  Select OK when you're done.

        You can delete a path by selecting the city where the path begins and then displaying the "TERR" tab.  Your orders will be listed as a Movement Path in the list box which can select and remove via the Delete button.

        (All of this from memory so it may not be 100% correct but I know it's close.)

        :AMN:

      • Robert Moore
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 7, 2012

          I tried this, and it doesn’t work.

          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 7, 2012
            My mistake:  Shift-F1  rather than Ctrl-Shift-F1

            Muscle memory...

            :AMN: