Empire Deluxe Enhanced Edition

  • Armand
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 21, 2012
      Anyone have any tips, tricks, hints to speed up the game after i completed my turn, and the computer AI takes forver..usually after the 700-800 turn mark.
    • Armand
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 21, 2012
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 21, 2012
          Anyone have any tips, tricks, hints to speed up the game after i completed my turn, and the computer AI takes forver..usually after the 700-800 turn mark.
        • Nathan Foley
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 21, 2012
            Faster computer?  Faster computer?  Faster computer?

            On Jan 21, 2012, at 2:28 PM, "Armand" <flytierwon@...> wrote:

            Anyone have any tips, tricks, hints to speed up the game after i completed my turn, and the computer AI takes forver..usually after the 700-800 turn mark.

          • Sjaak van Kleef
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 21, 2012
              Minimize your window while the computer makes his move!
              That way it takes only 2 seconds....

              Anyone have any tips, tricks, hints to speed up the game after i completed my turn, and the computer AI takes forver..usually after the 700-800 turn mark.

            • John Spirko
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 21, 2012
                >Anyone have any tips, tricks, hints to speed up the game after i
                completed my turn, and the computer AI takes forver..usually after the 700-800 turn mark.

                How many computer players? How large a map? What processor?

                If on, turn off the Record Game function (unless this is essential to you).
                If on, set weather to none (off) or switch to small systems with lower frequency.

                Get a faster processor.
              • Armand
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 21, 2012
                  --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, John Spirko <john.spirko@...> wrote:

                  > >Anyone have any tips, tricks, hints to speed up the game after i completed
                  > my turn, and the computer AI takes forver..usually after the 700-800 turn
                  > mark.
                  >
                  > How many computer players? How large a map? What processor?
                  >
                  > If on, turn off the Record Game function (unless this is essential to you).
                  > If on, set weather to none (off) or switch to small systems with lower
                  > frequency.
                  >
                  > Get a faster processor.

                  1 computer player, 400 x 400, amd athlon xp 2600 1.92 Ghz.
                  turned off record game function

                • John Spirko
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 21, 2012
                    >1 computer player, 400 x 400, amd athlon xp 2600 1.92 Ghz.
                    turned off record game function

                    That system should be adequate for a 2 player game on a map that size. I don't know why it would slow down.

                    How many cities on the map and how many units in play?

                    Maybe someone else has some input...