Re: [empire-deluxe] Bug in wwii 3-player scenario?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
      Interesting.  Which flavor of Empire is this?

      --Mark

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
        Hi
        I’m looking for another game of empire with standard units or only slightly modified. Also need to finish game around the beginning of summer so not a huge map.
        Nick
      • Nathan Foley
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
          The Wolf and I might be up for a standard production/medium-sized map.  We typically make our moves in the daytime (9-6 eastern) and we use the original ED (if you still have a copy), emailing the game save.  Lemme know if you're interested.

          Nathan
          nrfoley@...

        • nickgannon@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
            Thanks for the invite but I don’t have the original game installed anymore. I’m assuming your referring to EDIE. I lost my setup code years ago.
            Nick

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
              Nope, it's the 1993 version.  Transferred from a 5.25" to my thumb drive.  It still runs in XP but not Vista or Win7 (unless you run in XP compatible mode, and even then you need DOSbox).  We played a bunch of games on it with Tabou a couple years ago.

              Nathan

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 4, 2012
                  It's EDIE and another players told me the same!

                  Sjaak

                  ps) Can you take my scenarios from the site? They are not interesting.

                  --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee Software" <mok@...> wrote:

                  > Interesting. Which flavor of Empire is this?
                  >
                  > --Mark

                • Darius
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 6, 2012
                    What do you consider mid sized?

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 19, 2012
                      I am working over the EDIE patch now and someone had reported to me a bug in one of the wwii scenarios about a player not increasing production for cities producing nothing until like turn 8 or 9. It turns out that the player starts with a lot of units, and this puts him in the hole in regards to units before drain.

                      The delay in an efficiency increase in this situation is not a bug. What is going on here is that the units before drain value impacts, not only the speed of units to be produced, but the speed at which a city will increase a production point when on no-production.  This holds true for ED circa 1993, EDIE, and EDEE. It was something I had forgotten until I reviewed it, and so I am sure it is a little tidbit that some folks are not aware of.