Bug in wwii 3-player scenario?

  • samsami53
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
      The wwii scenarios (2p, 3p and 4p versions) are very nice but the 3-player version seems to have a bug.

      When the first player (Axis) is the computer and the other two players (Allies) are human, it crashes.

      Any other combinations seem to work.

      Any solution available?

      Sjaak
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
        Interesting.  Which flavor of Empire is this?

        --Mark

      • nickgannon@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
          Hi
          I’m looking for another game of empire with standard units or only slightly modified. Also need to finish game around the beginning of summer so not a huge map.
          Nick
        • Nathan Foley

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
                Nope, it's the 1993 version.  Transferred from a 5.25" to my thumb drive.  It still runs in XP but not Vista or Win7 (unless you run in XP compatible mode, and even then you need DOSbox).  We played a bunch of games on it with Tabou a couple years ago.

                Nathan

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 4, 2012
                    It's EDIE and another players told me the same!

                    Sjaak

                    ps) Can you take my scenarios from the site? They are not interesting.

                    --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee Software" <mok@...> wrote:

                    > Interesting. Which flavor of Empire is this?
                    >
                    > --Mark

                  • Darius
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 6, 2012
                      What do you consider mid sized?

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 19, 2012
                        I am working over the EDIE patch now and someone had reported to me a bug in one of the wwii scenarios about a player not increasing production for cities producing nothing until like turn 8 or 9. It turns out that the player starts with a lot of units, and this puts him in the hole in regards to units before drain.

                        The delay in an efficiency increase in this situation is not a bug. What is going on here is that the units before drain value impacts, not only the speed of units to be produced, but the speed at which a city will increase a production point when on no-production.  This holds true for ED circa 1993, EDIE, and EDEE. It was something I had forgotten until I reviewed it, and so I am sure it is a little tidbit that some folks are not aware of.