Re: EDIE - how good is the computer opponent

  • Susie
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2011
      Yes, SoloMod will give you the best computer opponent. However, the one at salient games is an old one. The latest and final version is in the files section of this or the EDEE mod forum.

      --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, John Spirko <john.spirko@...> wrote:

      > Try SoloMod which was tweaked for individual play vs computer opponents.
      > Otherwise, you'll want to do email play vs. human opponents for a quality
      > game. I never used it, since I rarely play vs the computer AI.
      >
      > SoloMod:
      > http://www.salientgames.com/solomod.asp
      >
      > On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Steve Patterson <spatterson691@...
      > > wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > I play on a 56x75 map (because it fits nicely on my monitor without
      > > scrolling). I've also seen AI players never get off their home island, but
      > > others explore well. With 5 of them, there's usually one very close to my
      > > home island (and sometimes 3).****
      > >
      > > ** **
      > >
      > > - SteveP****
      > >
      > > ** **

    • samsami53
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 21, 2011
        I now play EDIE with maps that are 45x90 with 20%-40% land and not too large islands.
        With 6 players (5 computer opponents) I only win roughly 50% of my games.
        A nice challenge!
        Sjaak