Re: [empire-deluxe] Empire Deluxe Official Strategy Guide by Alan Emrich

  • Mark Wehrmann
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 1, 2000
      Does anyone know where I can purchase or download this book?
      Every hint would be helpful!!!

      Regards,

      Mark

      empire-deluxe@egroups.com schrieb am 29.11.00:
      > I am curious as to how many of the group members actually own or are
      > aware of the above books existence.

      Die Fachpresse ist sich einig: WEB.DE 15mal Testsieger! Kostenlos E-Mail,
      Fax, SMS, Verschl├╝sselung, POP3, WAP....testen Sie uns! http://freemail.web.de
    • tct224
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 1, 2000
        I bought a copy from Microcenter for $3 a few years back on its discount
        shelf. It was well worth the price.

      • gcjcdc@aol.com
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 2, 2000
          OK, you have me curious. I did not know about this book, and have been
          doing fairly well without it, but there is always room for improvement. Does
          anyone know where you can get or buy or download a copy of this book now?

          Weatherman
        • maucoin@aol.com
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 2, 2000
            Don't know were your can but the book.  I got mine right after I first bought
            Empire.  The combat tables in the back of the book make it valuable.  Good
            luck at finding one.
          • John Edwards
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 3, 2000
              unsubscribe
              Don't know were your can but the book.  I got mine right after I first bought
              Empire.  The combat tables in the back of the book make it valuable.  Good
              luck at finding one.

            • mall.smith
              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 3, 2000
                what about someone scanning the combat tables and posting them on a web site?
                i am sure plenty of empire players would be very gratefull.
                Message 7 of 28 , Nov 12, 2002
                  Hi. I just joined this board & was looking over the old messages -
                  could you give me some quick guidance on how to get a copy of this
                  book. I would gladly pay for it. Thanks!

                  Steve

                  Message 8 of 28 , Nov 12, 2002
                    Check ebay. I've seen it there before, I'm positive.

                    =============================
                    Steven Woodcock
                    From the High, Snowy Mountains of Colorado

                    > Hi. I just joined this board & was looking over the old messages -
                    > could you give me some quick guidance on how to get a copy of this
                    > book. I would gladly pay for it. Thanks!
                    >
                    > Steve
                    >
                    > --- In empire-deluxe@y..., "Leo_Tracy" <Leo_Tracy@M...> wrote:
                    > > I have a copy. A REALLY good book!!
                    > >
                    > > Leo (Striker)

                  • morepla4fun
                    Message 9 of 28 , Nov 12, 2002
                      Cool - thanks much.

                      On the other note, I'm going to look for the source code & if I can
                      find it, I will see if I can figure out how to handle the switch
                      from a human to computer player to make resignations less of a
                      balancing issue. If you know where the source code is, I would buy
                      that too...this game is too much fun, still!

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • H101@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 28 , Nov 12, 2002
                        In a message dated 11/12/2002 10:56:25 PM Central Standard Time, morepla4fun@... writes:

                        Hi.  I just joined this board &was looking over the old messages -
                        could you give me some quick guidance on how to get a copy of this
                        book.  I would gladly pay for it.  Thanks!

                        Steve

                        I just ordered one from Amazon.com...  it was about $15 ($11.50 plus shipping)

                        Bill
                      • spud
                        Message 11 of 28 , Nov 13, 2002
                          I bought a copy off of ebay a couple years ago ahd
                          have see at least 1 since.

                          ---- empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                          > Check ebay. I've seen it there before, I'm positive.
                          >

                          > =============================
                          > Steven Woodcock
                          > >From the High, Snowy Mountains of Colorado

                          spud@...
                        • Arnold Larson
                          Message 12 of 28 , Nov 13, 2002
                            I am offering my copy of the Strategy Guide as a prize in the tournament I
                            am starting next month. Visit http://home.attbi.com/~empiredeluxe/ to sign
                            up.

                            You won't find the source code in the public domain. It is just as well as
                            someone would have created cheat codes for it.

                            You are unlikely to get the authors to let you have the code as the rights
                            are tied up by the original author of Empire, the authors of Empire Deluxe,
                            and by the publisher. More acurately, you are unlikely to want to pay what
                            they will ask.

                            >From: "morepla4fun" <morepla4fun@...>
                            >To: empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com
                            >Subject: [empire-deluxe] Re: Empire Deluxe Official Strategy Guide by Alan
                            >Emrich
                            >Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 05:28:14 -0000
                            >
                            >Cool - thanks much.
                            >
                            >On the other note, I'm going to look for the source code & if I can
                            >find it, I will see if I can figure out how to handle the switch
                            >from a human to computer player to make resignations less of a
                            >balancing issue. If you know where the source code is, I would buy
                            >that too...this game is too much fun, still!

                            <snip>

                          • Sebbie
                            Message 13 of 28 , Nov 13, 2002
                              At 15:24 2002-11-13 -0800, you wrote:
                              I am offering my copy of the Strategy Guide as a prize in the tournament I
                              am starting next month.  Visit http://home.attbi.com/~empiredeluxe/ to sign
                              up.

                              Speaking of the tournament...
                              What advantage (if any) will be used for combat / production?

                              - Seb -

                            • Arnold Larson
                              Message 14 of 28 , Nov 13, 2002
                                Advt3/Advt3 has been used in the past, so I will just follow suit.

                                >From: Sebbie <sebbie@...>
                                >To: empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com
                                >Subject: Re: [empire-deluxe] Re: Empire Deluxe Official Strategy Guide by
                                >Alan Emrich
                                >Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:47:03 +0100
                                >
                                >At 15:24 2002-11-13 -0800, you wrote:
                                >>I am offering my copy of the Strategy Guide as a prize in the tournament I
                                >>am starting next month. Visit
                                >><http://home.attbi.com/~empiredeluxe/>http://home.attbi.com/~empiredeluxe/
                                >>to sign
                                >>up.
                                >
                                >Speaking of the tournament...
                                >What advantage (if any) will be used for combat / production?
                                >

                                >- Seb -

                              • JavaKnight
                                Message 15 of 28 , Nov 15, 2002
                                  Steve,

                                  It took me awhile, but I monitored eBay for months and
                                  finally someone was selling the Empire Deluxe Offical
                                  Strategy Guide. I was one of three who bid. Final cost
                                  was $12 + $3 S&H. The book was in excellant condition.

                                  Bob
                                  :-)

                                  --- morepla4fun <morepla4fun@...> wrote:
                                  > Hi. I just joined this board & was looking over the
                                  > old messages -
                                  > could you give me some quick guidance on how to get
                                  > a copy of this
                                  > book. I would gladly pay for it. Thanks!
                                  >
                                  > Steve
                                  >
                                  > --- In empire-deluxe@y..., "Leo_Tracy"
                                  > <Leo_Tracy@M...> wrote:
                                  > > I have a copy. A REALLY good book!!
                                  > >
                                  > > Leo (Striker)

                                  http://webhosting.yahoo.com
                                • JavaKnight
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Nov 15, 2002
                                    Steve,

                                    While waiting the book to be listed on eBay, I went to
                                    my local library. Even though the library did not
                                    have a copy, they were able to search other libraries.
                                    They found 12 copies in other libraries across 7
                                    states. I made an inter-state library loan. I had
                                    the book for 3 weeks before returning it.

                                    To the best of my knowledge, the book is out of print.
                                    Several months ago, I checked Amazon and BookPool and
                                    they did not have the book listed.

                                    Bob
                                    :-)

                                    --- morepla4fun <morepla4fun@...> wrote:
                                    > Hi. I just joined this board & was looking over the
                                    > old messages -
                                    > could you give me some quick guidance on how to get
                                    > a copy of this
                                    > book. I would gladly pay for it. Thanks!
                                    >
                                    > Steve
                                    >
                                    > --- In empire-deluxe@y..., "Leo_Tracy"
                                    > <Leo_Tracy@M...> wrote:
                                    > > I have a copy. A REALLY good book!!
                                    > >
                                    > > Leo (Striker)

                                    http://webhosting.yahoo.com
                                  • Randy.Rick
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Nov 15, 2002
                                      As one list member already pointed out, it is currently listed on
                                      Amazon. New for $11 from a 3rd party book dealer. I went and looked.
                                      Its there (or was a couple of days ago).

                                      http://webhosting.yahoo.com