RE: [empire-deluxe] play via remote connect

  • David Sonneborn
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5 5:43 PM
      Much prefer network games.  Much Much faster turns, there is something great about watching your opponents moves/combat in real time.

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5 6:56 PM
        I've played over the network before, though it's been a while.  Worked great.

        Steve

        On 2/5/2011 6:35 PM, horhey wrote:

        has anyone played via remote connect and if so how was your experience? I wouldn't playing a network game if it can be done.

      • Andy Young
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6 5:08 AM
          Hey, horhey,

          Network play works well.  If you have a network router one of the players will need to set up "port forwarding" on the router.  You might also need to configure the firewall on the PC.

          Drop me a line if you want to try it out.  I am available most days 0500-0800 EST and sometimes in the evening.

          GeneralError

          has anyone played via remote connect and if so how was your experience? I wouldn't playing a network game if it can be done.

        • horhey
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6 9:14 AM
            I'll host a network game now if anyone is interested.
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 6 9:38 AM
              Tempting but I'm afraid I have work to do.....

              Steve

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 6 2:55 PM
                Send me the IP address and game password.

                I'll host a network game now if anyone is interested.