download

  • v_brown6
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 27, 2011
      I once owned ED, in fact I still have the manual, but after changing computers and whatnot I lost the game itself. Anyone know where I can download it for free?
    • John Spirko
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 27, 2011
        I think most people have switched over to EDIE or EDEE - Empire Deluxe Enhanced Edition, which is not free. AFAIK the rights to ED have not passed into public domain and I believe that EDIE and EDEE is based on ED code. But Mark from Killer Bee can advise you on that.

        EDEE, EDIE and Perfect General can be purchased here:

        http://www.killerbeesoftware.com/

      • nickgannon@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 27, 2011
          There used to be a windows version on ED you could download however it may not be legal.  I don’t know.  However if you like this kind of game then you should consider going to killerbee.com and buy a copy of EDIE or even better yet EDEE. Both EDIE and EDEE are much better then the original ED. Mark has done a super job turning the game into something that will bring a lifetime of enjoyment.  It’s the only game I have ever bought that I have enjoy playing year after year. After something like 20 years you can still find people to play live and email games with. I know of no other game  that can say the same thing. of all the games I have ever bought, this has been by far the best value.

          Hope to play with you in the future
          Nick

          I once owned ED, in fact I still have the manual, but after changing computers and whatnot I lost the game itself. Anyone know where I can download it for free?

        • Jeff Spradling
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 27, 2011
            EMail Mark Kinkead <mok@...> and see if he still has a record for your registered copy.  He had mine after several years....

            I once owned ED, in fact I still have the manual, but after changing computers and whatnot I lost the game itself. Anyone know where I can download it for free?

          • Gale Teschendorf
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 27, 2011
              I still have the floppy disks and the manual - remember those?

              Best regards,

              Gale Teschendorf
              1920 Schiller Ave
              Wilmette, IL 60091
              847-701-4253

              From: v_brown6 <v_brown6@...>Sent: Thu, January 27, 2011 4:54:40 PM

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 27, 2011
                  3.5
                  I think I had it running on Windows XP, maybe even Windows Vista.

                  Best regards,

                  Gale Teschendorf
                  1920 Schiller Ave
                  Wilmette, IL 60091
                  847-701-4253

                  On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 6:01 PM, John Spirko <john.spirko@...> wrote:

                  Which ones? The 8" or the 5¼" or the 3½"  :-)   and for which computer?

                  On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Gale Teschendorf <GoOrienteering@...> wrote:

                  I still have the floppy disks and the manual - remember those?

                  Best regards,

                  Gale Teschendorf
                  1920 Schiller Ave
                  Wilmette, IL 60091
                  847-701-4253

                • Armand
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 27, 2011
                    --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "v_brown6" <v_brown6@...> wrote:

                    > I once owned ED, in fact I still have the manual, but after changing computers and whatnot I lost the game itself. Anyone know where I can download it for free?

                    im old enough to have the orginal Empire Wargame of the Century, for the Amiga..eons ago lol..spent countless hours playing, until one day the internal floppy drive which was going bad, corrupted my 3 1/2 inch disk, alas that was the end. Years went by..the Amiga was boxed up and put away. Then about 7 yrs ago, i got a real computer lol, then went seaching for Empires Deluxe..found it, and downloaded it..which was free at the time. Then for some reason, i never got around playing, basically taking up hard drive space, another few years went by,when i got the urge to play again, search the web found Killer Bee software, who bought the rights to Empire, needless to say, they did a fantastic job of updating the game to its current form Empires Deluxe: Enhanced Edition. Trust me it's well worth the price, which is $35 to download to your drive, or for an extra $10, you can get the game on a cd. You won't regret it, except for the time you lose in playing! lol
                  • John Spirko

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 28, 2011
                        I bought several years ago IDIE and like it and play it but my all time favourite is still the Interstel version by Bill Bright.

                        I have Empire 2.05C of 24-Oct-88 and it runs on Vista with the help of a little program called DosBox.

                        I first played it in 1990 and still love it!

                        It's the vesrion with the DOS-graphics (Map, units, etc.) and max. 3 players. It has a cool map editor, too. It was well ahead of it's time!
                      • steve_rinn
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 28, 2011
                          I think that's "Walter" Bright.  He's the same guy who wrote the Zortech/Symantec C++ compiler.  I enjoy that version of Empire, too.  DosBox works brilliantly on a Mac and on Linux as well, for those of us who have switched platforms.  My partner laughs that she still occasionally sees me playing "Kill the Red Things" on each new computer after all these years.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 28, 2011
                            --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "samsami53" <sj@...> wrote:

                            > I bought several years ago IDIE and like it and play it but my all time favourite is still the Interstel version by Bill Bright.
                            >
                            > I have Empire 2.05C of 24-Oct-88 and it runs on Vista with the help of a little program called DosBox.
                            >
                            > I first played it in 1990 and still love it!
                            >
                            > It's the vesrion with the DOS-graphics (Map, units, etc.) and max. 3 players. It has a cool map editor, too. It was well ahead of it's time!

                            i agree, but it did have a few drawbacks, couldn't name all the units..one of my quirks with the latest verison, and the biggest, there wasn't any end/stop production on the cities..got annoying quick when you only had one city to conquer and there was a surplus of units and more still being produced.
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 28, 2011
                              I have both, PC and Amiga.

                              Even bought my brother the C-64 version. I talked to Mark Baldwin once
                              about that; he said he had NO idea how the heck they got it working on
                              that box.

                              Steve