Two players looking for a third - Empire Deluxe (1993 version)

  • bondmonger
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2008
      Hey guys,

      Do any of you have interest in taking part in a PBEM game with me
      and my buddy, the Wolf? We typically do a ton of turns in the
      daytime, roughly one every 5 minutes from 10am to 6pm EST (we have
      free time at our respective jobs). Extended breaks are not
      uncommon, and we'll be kicking off a new one shortly (tomorrow
      morning at the latest).

      We're still playing the old White Wolf Empire Deluxe (Nov 19,
      1993). I can send you a full copy if you need it (is that against
      the rules here?). We play small, randomized maps, alternating wrap -
      we started at 20x20, but have expanded by 1 in both directions
      after each game. Our next game will be 41x41 (no wrap). Games are
      typically running roughly 150 turns before one of us is eliminated,
      and we've been getting through a game every two or three days. I'm
      Red, he's Blue, we're looking for a Yellow (computer players will be
      Teal, Magenta and Green). Each player will be separated in the list
      by one NPC, and the starting sequence alternates after each game.
      All settings are default. Our record is currently 11 (me) / 9
      (Wolf) / 3 (PC - early on).

      Feel free to email me directly. Hope to hear from you.

      Nathan
      nrfoley at gmail dot com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 2008
        Wish I could play but I'm afraid I can't...I work during the day.

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 15, 2008
          You know what….. It has been a long while… very long while !!! I'm
          interested in this 3-player game. Need to know if my skills are
          still as good as many years ago ;-)

          -Steph (Tabou)

          --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "bondmonger" <nrfoley@...>
          wrote:

          > Hey guys,
          >
          > Do any of you have interest in taking part in a PBEM game with me
          > and my buddy, the Wolf? We typically do a ton of turns in the
          > daytime, roughly one every 5 minutes from 10am to 6pm EST (we have
          > free time at our respective jobs). Extended breaks are not
          > uncommon, and we'll be kicking off a new one shortly (tomorrow
          > morning at the latest).
          >
          > We're still playing the old White Wolf Empire Deluxe (Nov 19,
          > 1993). I can send you a full copy if you need it (is that against
          > the rules here?). We play small, randomized maps, alternating
          wrap -
          > we started at 20x20, but have expanded by 1 in both directions
          > after each game. Our next game will be 41x41 (no wrap). Games are
          > typically running roughly 150 turns before one of us is eliminated,
          > and we've been getting through a game every two or three days. I'm
          > Red, he's Blue, we're looking for a Yellow (computer players will
          be
          > Teal, Magenta and Green). Each player will be separated in the
          list
          > by one NPC, and the starting sequence alternates after each game.
          > All settings are default. Our record is currently 11 (me) / 9
          > (Wolf) / 3 (PC - early on).
          >
          > Feel free to email me directly. Hope to hear from you.
          >
          > Nathan
          > nrfoley at gmail dot com

        • Andy Young
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 15, 2008
            Danger! Danger!  Do not be deceived by tabou's modesty.  This guy is one of the best players that I have had the privilege of playing against.  Then again, he will give you a very interesting game.

            GereralError

            wrote:

            > Hey guys,
            >
            > Do any of you have interest in taking part in a PBEM game with me
            > and my buddy, the Wolf? We typically do a ton of turns in the
            > daytime, roughly one every 5 minutes from 10am to 6pm EST (we have
            > free time at our respective jobs). Extended breaks are not
            > uncommon, and we'll be kicking off a new one shortly (tomorrow
            > morning at the latest).
            >
            > We're still playing the old White Wolf Empire Deluxe (Nov 19,
            > 1993). I can send you a
            full copy if you need it (is that against
            > the rules here?). We play small, randomized maps, alternating
            wrap -
            > we started at 20x20, but have expanded by 1 in both directions
            > after each game. Our next game will be 41x41 (no wrap). Games are
            > typically running roughly 150 turns before one of us is eliminated,
            > and we've been getting through a game every two or three days. I'm
            > Red, he's Blue, we're looking for a Yellow (computer players will
            be
            > Teal, Magenta and Green). Each player will be separated in the
            list
            > by one NPC, and the starting sequence alternates after each game.
            > All settings are default. Our record is currently 11 (me) / 9
            > (Wolf) / 3 (PC - early on).
            >
            > Feel free to email me directly. Hope to hear from you.
            >
            > Nathan
            > nrfoley at gmail dot com

          • Matthew Shelton
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 15, 2008
              So in other words, you're calling for a game of EDIE not EDEE?

              bondmonger wrote:
              > Hey guys,
              >
              > Do any of you have interest in taking part in a PBEM game with me
              > and my buddy, the Wolf? We typically do a ton of turns in the
              > daytime, roughly one every 5 minutes from 10am to 6pm EST (we have
              > free time at our respective jobs). Extended breaks are not
              > uncommon, and we'll be kicking off a new one shortly (tomorrow
              > morning at the latest).
              >
              > We're still playing the old White Wolf Empire Deluxe (Nov 19,
              > 1993). I can send you a full copy if you need it (is that against
              > the rules here?). We play small, randomized maps, alternating wrap -
              > we started at 20x20, but have expanded by 1 in both directions
              > after each game. Our next game will be 41x41 (no wrap). Games are
              > typically running roughly 150 turns before one of us is eliminated,
              > and we've been getting through a game every two or three days. I'm
              > Red, he's Blue, we're looking for a Yellow (computer players will be
              > Teal, Magenta and Green). Each player will be separated in the list
              > by one NPC, and the starting sequence alternates after each game.
              > All settings are default. Our record is currently 11 (me) / 9
              > (Wolf) / 3 (PC - early on).
              >
              > Feel free to email me directly. Hope to hear from you.
              >
              > Nathan
              > nrfoley at gmail dot com

              -Matthew
            • sonneborn9@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 15, 2008
                uh, I believe this would be ED (Pre Mark....), well before EDIE.

                David

                bondmonger wrote:
                > Hey guys,
                >
                > Do any of you have interest in taking part in a PBEM game with me
                > and my buddy, the Wolf? We typically do a ton of turns in the
                > daytime, roughly one every 5 minutes from 10am to 6pm EST (we have
                > free time at our respective jobs). Extended breaks are not
                > uncommon, and we'll be kicking off a new one shortly (tomorrow
                > morning at the latest).
                >
                > We're still playing the old White Wolf Empire Deluxe (Nov 19,
                > 1993). I can send you a full copy if you need it (is that against
                > the rules here?). We play small, randomized maps, alternating wrap -
                > we started at 20x20, but have expanded by 1 in both directions
                > after each game. Our next game will be 41x41 (no wrap). Games are
                > typically running roughly 150 turns before one of us is eliminated,
                > and we've been getting through a game every two or three days. I'm
                > Red, he's Blue, we're looking for a Yellow (computer players will be
                > Teal, Magenta and Green). Each player will be separated in the list
                > by one NPC, and the starting sequence alternates after each game.
                > All settings are default. Our record is currently 11 (me) / 9
                > (Wolf) / 3 (PC - early on).
                >
                > Feel free to email me directly. Hope to hear from you.
                >
                > Nathan
                > nrfoley at gmail dot com

                -Matthew

              • Matthew Shelton
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 15, 2008
                  Oh okay..... I will only play EDEE myself, though I'm willing to do
                  without EDEE's nifty extensions to ED if no one else wants to use them
                  in an MP game.

                  --

                  -Matthew