Re: [empire-deluxe] Fortress in EDEE

  • Randy.R
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 23 12:20 PM
      I have redone the secenario with the LN (long Range Nuclear Missile) and it does work as expected. Like all attacks in Empire, each attack is a role of the virtual dice, and when I first tested this must not have won the dice roll.

      From: John Spirko <john.spirko@ gmail.com>
      To: empire-deluxe@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 12:18 PM

      Not foul - until it's tested there's no way to tell how it will balance. And I haven't tested it.

      Increasing the Light Artillery attack vs. Fortress 55% from 50 is a minor tweak–barely noticeable.

      There's lots of ways to make minor tweaks.

      A default Fortress with 4 units IS DIFFICULT to take, the SpeedMod with 6 even more so.  Add in that SpeedMod lets you build a fortress faster than in the default, etc.  I could just shift production time back to default or longer, etc. etc.

      Getting a good balance is a constant chore in a mod.

      On 11/23/08, Darrell Ray <stinger1959@ hotmail.com> wrote:
      foul!  You got to realize that the RD is affected, so those who decide to utilize fortresses lose production capacity.  Fortresses are an entrenchment for defensive purposes.  I think they are fine where they are.  I know you like blitzikrieg, but... there should be limits and this helps those limits.

      To: empire-deluxe@ yahoogroups. com
      From: john.spirko@ gmail.com
      Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:18:51 -0500

      My SpeedMod has it set to 12 and they are difficult to take.

      I will modify it next tweak session--keep the capacity at 12 but increase the drain rate from 1 to 2 or 3 to balance it out. Plus I've changed the Light Artillery unit -- Range Kill percentage VS Fort raised to 55% from 50%

      Then test it out and see if that seems to balance it out a bit.

      On 11/23/08, sonneborn9@aol. com <sonneborn9@aol. com> wrote:

      I would vote no.  The things are darn hard to defeat with an 8 stacking point limit.  More, and I think it tilts the balance of play too much in favor of the defense.