Signature Devices Announces New Empire Deluxe Version

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
      Hey guys,

      As several of you may know, I mentioned this in one of my status reports last year though did not name names.

      I have entered into an agreement with Graphitti Entertainment (subsidiary of Signature Devices)
      for a new version of Empire Deluxe. Here is their announcement.

      If you had not read the status report, you can see it here:

      Give that a read before asking questions. Thanks.

      --Mark

    • Randy.R
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
        Mark,

        great.

        Empire lives on, and may attract a new generation again thru this
        effort.

        Thanks for all the support you have provided, and will continue to
        provide.

        Randy
        aka steyrhahn

        --- "Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee Software" <mok@...>
        wrote:

        > Hey guys,
        >
        > As several of you may know, I mentioned this in one of my status
        > reports last year though did not name names.
        >
        > I have entered into an agreement with Graphitti Entertainment
        > (subsidiary of Signature Devices)
        > for a new version of Empire Deluxe. Here is their announcement.
        >

        > http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080205/latu063.html?.v=101
        >
        > If you had not read the status report, you can see it here:
        >
        > http://killerbeesoftware.com/kbsgames/gen2007.shtml
        >
        > Give that a read before asking questions. Thanks.
        >
        > --Mark

      • Andrew Peiman
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
          Empire as a RTS game, I'm all ears and hope to play this game soon ... or at least by the end of the year.

          This is great news for the Empire community.

          Have a nice day,
          Andrew.

          --- "Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee Software" <mok@killerbeesoftwa re.com>
          wrote:

          > Hey guys,
          >
          > As several of you may know, I mentioned this in one of my status
          > reports last year though did not name names.
          >
          > I have entered into an agreement with Graphitti Entertainment
          > (subsidiary of Signature Devices)
          > for a new version of Empire Deluxe. Here is their announcement.
          >

          > http://biz.yahoo. com/prnews/ 080205/latu063.
          html?.v=101

          > If you had not read the status report, you can see it here:
          >
          > http://killerbeesof tware.com/ kbsgames/ gen2007.shtml
          >
          > Give that a read before asking questions. Thanks.
          >
          > --Mark

          Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.
        • Andrew Nuxoll
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
            Sounds great. Is now a good time to drag out my EDEE feature wish list
            again? =)

            FYI, I still have long term plans to use EDEE as an AI development
            platform. Please don't abandon your policy of making the AI API public.

            :AMN:

            Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee Software wrote:

            > Hey guys,
            >
            > As several of you may know, I mentioned this in one of my status
            > reports last year though did not name names.
            >
            > I have entered into an agreement with Graphitti Entertainment
            > (subsidiary of Signature Devices)
            > for a new version of Empire Deluxe. Here is their announcement.
            >

            > http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080205/latu063.html?.v=101
            > <http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080205/latu063.html?.v=101>
            >
            > If you had not read the status report, you can see it here:
            >
            > http://killerbeesoftware.com/kbsgames/gen2007.shtml
            > <http://killerbeesoftware.com/kbsgames/gen2007.shtml>
            >
            > Give that a read before asking questions. Thanks.
            >
            > --Mark

          • Ralph Ivy
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
              Yes! And yes to all the comments here. I've played Empire Deluxe for - wow -- decades now (I'm 69) and everything I seen about ED over the years is it ALWAYS gets better and better!
              Thank you Mark. (I gotta start practicing play in 3-D!)

              Andrew Nuxoll <anuxoll@...> wrote:
              Sounds great. Is now a good time to drag out my EDEE feature wish list
              again? =)

              FYI, I still have long term plans to use EDEE as an AI development
              platform. Please don't abandon your policy of making the AI API public.

              :AMN:

              Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee Software wrote:

              > Hey guys,
              >
              > As several of you may know, I mentioned this in one of my status
              > reports last year though did not name names.
              >
              > I have entered into an agreement with Graphitti Entertainment
              > (subsidiary of Signature Devices)
              > for a new version of Empire Deluxe. Here is their announcement.
              >

              > http://biz.yahoo. com/prnews/ 080205/latu063. html?.v=101
              > <http://biz.yahoo. com/prnews/ 080205/latu063. html?.v=101>
              >
              > If you had not read the status report, you can see it here:
              >
              > http://killerbeesof tware.com/ kbsgames/ gen2007.shtml
              > <http://killerbeesof tware.com/ kbsgames/ gen2007.shtml>
              >
              > Give that a read before asking questions. Thanks.
              >
              > --Mark

            • ticdoffus
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 25, 2008
                --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee
                Software" <mok@...> wrote:

                hello, been out of the loop for awhile, just popped in to see
                whats new..

                hmmm...i have mixed feeling on this subject whereas i feel MK
                did an 200% EXCELLENT job of keep ED alive and keeping the flavor
                of ED in EDIE and EDEE while making the new additions. I fear
                that an outside group will be VERY lacking in keeping this new
                version in the same flavor of ED that we all know and love. I
                think it has a large chance of becoming something we won't even
                recognize.

                I'll continue my 110% support for ED/EDIE/EDEE but i don't think
                i'll be able to support whatever this new version calls itself.

                yeah i'm old and grumpy i know..... :(

                sigh

                cruzan