Re: [empire-deluxe] Change the sounds of units in the middle of a game

  • Andrew Platfoot
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2007
      Hi

      I think they are built into the unit database.  You might be able to try a file replacement giving the new sound file you want the original name.  A bit dodgy if you don't keep track of the original sound suite, but it could work if you were desparate enough

      Cheers

      Larry Smith <larry.smith@...> wrote:
      Anyone know, is it possible to change the sounds of the playing pieces in the middle of the game, or are the resources built into the save game file?

      -Larry

      National Bingo Night. Play along for the chance to win $10,000 every week. Download your gamecard now at Yahoo!7 TV.

    • Joerg Sunnus
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2 3:55 AM
        Hi,

        did someone sent you the maps you are looking for? I have a few but have to search...
        What's your name by the way?

        CU, Jörg

        To: empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com
        From: diegobucki@...
        Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:16:09 +0000
        Subject: [empire-deluxe] looking for giant MED map

        greetings... old time Empire Deluxe player here that lost a great many of his maps in a laptop
        crash...

        looking specifically for the giant 150x200 MED map that was quite excellent w/ Italy,
        Carthage, Greece, Macedonia, Crete, N Africa, and W Turkey...scenario would also suffice if
        anybody has access to it...

        I'm still playing old school Empire Deluxe vers 1.1 from 1994...

        thanks

        Mit Live Search: Ihre Stadt in der Vogelperspektive! Erleben Sie neue Blickwinkel!
      • thomas baldassini
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2 4:11 AM
          Hi,
          I'm not anymore a ED player, (definitive passed to EDEE) but around 8 years ago, I'v made some europ maps, 10 versions or more, all 200 x 150, with 200 cities. if you pass me a mail, I'll send them to you.

          I hope somthing could usable.

          I think that the map you are talking about was made by CHE, I still have it as SCN.

          Cheers Thoba.

          To: empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2 6:16 AM
            I would love those maps.  I still play ED :-)

            Thanks a bunch!