Re: Patrol Paths, Turns, and other

  • ticdoffus
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 9, 2007
      --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Smith" <larry.smith@...>
      wrote:

      i'll actually second some of your points, as for some reason
      i seem to be missing using those older commands recently... :(

      i do believe that they wont be coming back but i forget what
      was said during the beta testing as to why...(i'm feeble minded)

      network games are TRULY fun...i dont know about others
      games but mine ended up being short as i made too large
      of maps as it takes WAY too long to play.

      that in and of itself makes EDIE/EDEE 1000% more fun
      than ever before.....

      bigger maps/scenarios are better for PBEM's....and you
      can set time tables as often as you want or less often.

      cruzan

    • Andrew Platfoot
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 10, 2007
        Hi

        Didn't someone produce a key list for recreating these
        old commands?

        I think it is on one of the Killerbeesoftware.com mod
        sites?

        Actually a configurable right mouse button would be
        fun. Then you could add the commands you want.

        Cheers

      • rich12545
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 10, 2007
          Re item 3 - There are actually four different movement timers. One
          is for enemy movement. One is for unit movement from square to
          square, One is for the pause between units and one is iirc for the
          pause to start moving. There is no "correct" setting. 500 is half a
          second and you can change them all to whatever suits.

          --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Platfoot

          ______________
          > Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited
          storage.
          > http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/unlimitedstorage.html

        • Andrew Platfoot
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 10, 2007
            Hi

            With respect to point 4, I am not sure if the attached
            text file (I found it on MOK's site) is of any value
            you to you.

            Cheers

          • larry_smith_2222
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 10, 2007
              Just to cover all bases, I set them all at 1000ms (1 second) and there
              is no appreciable delay in any screen action. The pieces seem to move
              as fast as the screen can repaint.

              Anyone else run into this?

              -Larry

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 10, 2007
                Thanks for the info! I'll have to give it a try.

                -Larry

              • sonneborn9@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 10, 2007
                  My friend, Steve has had the same problem, but I have not suffered from it.  I think it is because he runs a really fast dual core (newer) desktop, and mine is a near bare bone >4 years old 2.2 GHz.

                  David, Nancy, Max, and Mia