Re: [empire-deluxe] Re: Ladder status update

  • Andrew Peiman
    Message 1 of 9 , May 11, 2007
      Glad to be of help.

      I would like to let everybody know that a first beta of the ladder is ready to be tested. Its not version 1 feature complete, but most of the stuff is in there and waiting. I've set it up on a diffrent domain so I can reset and tweak it without breaking my website a www.salientgames.com. If anybody out there would like to beta test then send me an email or send a PM on my site.

      Yes you're right Mark, the WWII mod is really looking good, every new version (you can sign up to beta test this mod)  I get from WW2_Weasel is getting better and better ...

      Have a nice day,
      Andrew.

      Message 2 of 9 , May 13, 2007
        I am interested in partisipating in Beta testing. I wont be home at my computer until May 26.
      • colmanspig
        Message 3 of 9 , May 14, 2007
          Well I'd call it the 'War Room' as homage to Dr Strangelove.

          looking foward to this as i have been un able to work out with my
          dad how to get wire play sorted for EEID. Playing a couple of PBM
          games instead.

          This ladder seem to be a good way to get a game with a techincally
          able player, that can show me what to do!

          <andrew_peiman@...> wrote:

          > During the weekend I have been able continue work on the ladder
          and it
          > is moving along nicely. I've included a run trough on how a match
          will
          > go from start to finish (well not the actual finish as that part
          isn't
          > ready yet). All of this work is still on my local PC so don't try
          > find the ladder on the site yet :-).
          >
          > Boy I really need to find a short and catching name for The
          Ladder. It
          > has to capture the action described below and not tie it to a game
          or
          > group of games. So if you have any suggestion you can let me know
          here
          > (http://www.salientgames.com/forum_topic.asp?

          TOPIC_ID=86&FORUM_ID=19&CAT_ID=3&Topic_Title=A+name&Forum_Title=The+L
          add
          > er).
          >
          > The full message wich includes screenshots can be read here
          > (http://www.salientgames.com/forum_topic.asp?
          > TOPIC_ID=114&FORUM_ID=19&CAT_ID=3&Topic_Title=Ladder+up%26%23100%
          > 3Bate&Forum_Title=The+Ladder).
          >
          > TheSalientOne aka Breaker
          > www.salientgames.com

        • Andrew Peiman
          Message 4 of 9 , May 14, 2007
            The war room isn't a bad idea, on the plus side it is a nice general name not tying it to a specific game. But I was looking for something that would be refereing to SalientGames in some way or another.
            I've sent you a seperate mail on the connection stuff.

            The Ladder will hopefully be a nice and easy way to find matches that you are interested in and play against players of you're own level.

            Have a nice day,
            Andrew.

            <andrew_peiman@ ...> wrote:

            > During the weekend I have been able continue work on the ladder
            and it
            > is moving along nicely. I've included a run trough on how a match
            will
            > go from start to finish (well not the actual finish as that part
            isn't
            > ready yet). All of this work is still on my local PC so don't try
            > find the ladder on the site yet :-).
            >
            > Boy I really need to find a short and catching name for
            The
            Ladder. It
            > has to capture the action described below and not tie it to a game
            or
            > group of games. So if you have any suggestion you can let me know
            here
            > (http://www.salientg ames.com/ forum_topic. asp?

            TOPIC_ID=86& FORUM_ID= 19&CAT_ID= 3&Topic_Title= A+name&Forum_ Title=The+ L
            add
            > er).
            >
            > The full message wich includes screenshots can be read here
            > (http://www.salientg ames.com/ forum_topic. asp?
            > TOPIC_ID=114& FORUM_ID= 19&CAT_ID= 3&Topic_Title= Ladder+up% 26%23100%
            > 3Bate&Forum_ Title=The+ Ladder).
            >
            > TheSalientOne aka Breaker
            > www.salientgames. com

          • Andrew Platfoot
            Message 5 of 9 , May 14, 2007
              Hi

              Salient is such a wonderfully unique name. Rather
              than try and pick something that links directly with
              Salient, have you thought of trying another unique
              name like The Maelstrom representing the turbulence of
              eternally warring general / admirals / air marshalls
              (i.e. ED addicts)

              Cheers

              Switch to Yahoo!7 Mail: Transfer all your contacts and emails from Hotmail and other providers to Yahoo!7 Mail. http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/trueswitch_info.html
            • Andrew Peiman
              Message 6 of 9 , May 15, 2007
                All of these are good suggestions, the more suggestions I get the harder it will be ... I guess I need to sleep on this one a bit more. If you have any more suggestions then you may keep them comming.

                Have a nice day,
                Andrew.