Looking for (or to Start) a new 4 - 6 Player PBEM Game

  • syzygy5591
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 23 5:47 AM
      Greetings,

      New to the board, and new to this great version of EDEE. I'd like to
      start a PBEM game (with me being one of the players).

      I'd think a 200 x 200 wrapping map with standard settings (because I
      don't know any better).

      Anybody Interested?
    • John Spirko
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 23 7:08 AM
        Mark me down as a possible.

        (I'm into a large 3 way PBEM that may be peaking in gameplay.)

        And I haven't used the default units for while.

        Thanks
        John

        Greetings,

        New to the board, and new to this great version of EDEE. I'd like to
        start a PBEM game (with me being one of the players).

        I'd think a 200 x 200 wrapping map with standard settings (because I
        don't know any better).

        Anybody Interested?

      • Bruce Johnson
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 23 7:53 AM
          I will give it a shot.  I have played Mr. Spirko before.......he ain't no arm chair general, you will need to make some alliances to defeat him.

          --
          Bruce Johnson [G-Mail Account]
          lotus07@... / lotus07@...
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 23 9:19 AM
            OK, it looks like we have 2 (3 if you include me) takers. Looking for
            one more....

            anyone, anyone...Bueller?
          • William G McNeill
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 23 10:15 AM
              I'm interested but will be away for weeks at a time a lot this summer.
              Perhaps a 1 against 1 in August
              Bill McNeill (Irish)
            • Darrell Ray
              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 23 11:01 AM
                You can count me in. I have never played online before though, so you
                may have to help walk me through the procedures.

                Darrell

                --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "syzygy5591" <kerrydrake@...>
                wrote:

                > OK, it looks like we have 2 (3 if you include me) takers. Looking
                for
                > one more....
                >
                > anyone, anyone...Bueller?

              • billanddorothy
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 23 1:13 PM
                  --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Darrell Ray" <stinger1959@...>
                  wrote:

                  > You can count me in. I have never played online before though, so
                  you
                  > may have to help walk me through the procedures.
                  >
                  > Darrell
                  >

                  > --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "syzygy5591" <kerrydrake@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > OK, it looks like we have 2 (3 if you include me) takers.
                  Looking
                  > for
                  > > one more....
                  > >
                  > > anyone, anyone...Bueller?

                  Is PBEM Play by E-Mail or Internet?
                • robertyanch
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 23 1:42 PM
                    --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "syzygy5591" <kerrydrake@...> wrote:

                    > Greetings,
                    >
                    > New to the board, and new to this great version of EDEE. I'd like to
                    > start a PBEM game (with me being one of the players).
                    >
                    > I'd think a 200 x 200 wrapping map with standard settings (because I
                    > don't know any better).
                    >
                    > Anybody Interested?

                    Still looking for players? I'm a 1st timer.
                  • John Spirko
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 23 2:50 PM

                      >Is PBEM Play by E-Mail or Internet?

                      Bill -

                      Both! :-)     PBEM = Play by E-Mail

                      The original game of Empire Deluxe could be played by snail mail. You saved to floppy disk and mailed it. Incredibly slow - I know that from experience! Never finished a game, it was far easier to play by direct modem connection or with two computers and a null modem cable.

                      Darrell - this is a email game.

                      John

                    • Kerry Drake
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 24 6:19 AM
                        Robert,

                        We got our 4 players, but if you want to do a one on one PBEM game, I'd be up for that.

                        Kerry Drake
                        kerrydrake@...

                      • swartoutwilliam@comcast.net
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 25 1:25 AM
                          I'll play if you got room or if it's not to late to get into the game!!!!!!!!
                        • Kerry Drake
                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 25 5:50 AM

                            William,

                            The first game is full, but if you and Robert want to get another one going, I'm game.  We could go 3 way or 4 way with the computer playing one position.

                            Kerry Drake
                            kerrydrake@...

                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 25 9:35 AM

                              Or I would not mind also participating.

                              Darrell

                              From: "Kerry Drake" <kerrydrake@...>
                              To: <empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com>
                              CC: <swartoutwilliam@...>,"'robertyanch'" <robertyanch@...>
                              Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:50:34 -0400

                              William,

                              The first game is full, but if you and Robert want to get another one going, I'm game.  We could go 3 way or 4 way with the computer playing one position.

                              Kerry Drake
                              kerrydrake@comcast. net

                              I'll play if you got room or if it's not to late to get into the game!!!!!!!!

                              Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
                            • swartoutwilliam@comcast.net
                              Message 14 of 18 , Apr 25 10:47 AM
                                I spoke before I thought! I don't have edee! Maybe next time!
                              • Kerry Drake
                                Message 15 of 18 , Apr 25 10:54 AM
                                  OK, waiting to here back from William

                                  Kerry Drake
                                  kerrydrake@...

                                • sonneborn9@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Apr 25 12:20 PM
                                    If you would like another, or someone bows out, I would like to get in.

                                    David Sonneborn

                                    From: "Kerry Drake" <kerrydrake@comcast. net>
                                    To: <empire-deluxe@ yahoogroups. com>
                                    CC: <swartoutwilliam@ comcast.net>,"'robertyanch' " <robertyanch@ gmail.com>

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Apr 25 12:34 PM
                                      If this game is EDEE and not EDIE then I haver to bow out becaquse I don't have EDEE! Thanks for the place to play if I had it!
                                    • Robert Yanch
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Apr 25 1:54 PM
                                        Kerry,

                                        Did you receive my eposting about wanting to play a PBEM game.

                                        Robert