Fwd: How do i find what ports are free on my computer ?

  • John Spirko
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2007
      Colman,

      Forwarding a message from Andy Young

      John,
      Sorry, I can't get to Yahoo from the office, but it is lunchtime here, so I can spent a little time to add my $.02.

      I have never tried ED 3.11 remote play on Windows 98, 200, XP.  It was very awkward in Windows 3.1 and 95.  Use EDIE 3.5 instead.  It is much easier.

      If either of you have firewalls then read what the others have written.

      If only one of you is using a router (to attach multiple computers to your broadband or for a wireless connection) then it is easiest if the one with the router does the game set-up and the one without the router is the slave.

      If you both have routers then the slave will need to set up port forwarding for port 45000.  See the web site http://portforward.com/routers.htm for instructions for your router.  You can use the instructions for FTP and change the port number from 21 to 45000.

      If this is not the case, then ignore me.  If you need more help, continue monitoring this group.  I'm sure someone will give you the answer.

      Andy Young a.k.a. GeneralError  ca.geocities.com/gyoung1@.../empire/index.html

    • colmanspig
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 24, 2007
        Thanks i try out what you have said , thanks for your time!

        --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "John Spirko"