Re: [empire-deluxe] Digest Number 769

  • Matthew Shelton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21 7:27 AM
      I run a mailing list of my own that has had unwanted visitors. I
      filtered them out like this: whenever someone new wants to join the
      list, they have to write a brief description of themselves that proves
      they are legitimate. In the case of ED, a new member would be asked to
      explain in his petition what his favorite units are, what are some of
      his favorite strategies, what scenarios he has played lately, etc. To
      date, a legitimate member has always consented to this simple test and a
      spammer has never passed it. The key here is asking information that
      someone who played the game could give you but which a complete stranger
      to the game couldn't fake.

      --

      Matthew Shelton (in Memphis)
      Sq. Matthias Fleewinter