I need help connecting to the rest of the ED community

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 8, 2006
      is Paul Gill still moderator?

      This guy needs to be approved.

      From: purplejph
      Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2006 12:07 PM
      Subject: [EDEE-MOD] I need help connecting to the rest of the ED community

      Slightly more than a week ago I discovered the Yahoo EDP and EDM
      groups.  I applied for membership to both.  I got an esseentially
      instant response from EDM, and here I am making mhy first post.
      Ufortunately asking for somewhat off topic help.

      I still have not heard from anyone representing the EDP group, despite
      applying both online and using the email list as well as sending email
      to both subscribe and owner.

      Can anyone help me get to the EDP mod(s) so I can start participating
      in  this community for a great game from my youth that I rediscovered?

      Thanks in advance for any help,
      Ron

    • Randy.R
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 11, 2006
        I've sent an email to empire-deluxe-owner@yahoogroups.com which
        should go to Paul.

        If Paul has lost interest, been swallowed by a shark, or something,
        we should try to get Yahoo to grant someone else moderator privs.

        Any volunteers?

        steyrhahn

        --- "Mark Kinkead @ Killer Bee Software" <mok@...>
        wrote:

        > is Paul Gill still moderator?
        >
        > This guy needs to be approved.
        >
        > --Mark

      • barryem
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 17, 2006
          --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Randy.R" <steyrhahn@y...> wrote:

          > I've sent an email to empire-deluxe-owner@yahoogroups.com which
          > should go to Paul.
          >
          > If Paul has lost interest, been swallowed by a shark, or something,
          > we should try to get Yahoo to grant someone else moderator privs.
          >
          > Any volunteers?

          Historically Yahoo has refused to do that.

          Barry
        • Randy.R
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 17, 2006
            The volume of posts here has tapered off to almost none.

            Is this list worth trying to save? Or is everyone using the forum on
            Killer Bee?

            steyrhahn

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 17, 2006
              I don't see the volume as tapered off to nil. This group talks in bunches, always has. I think I have Paul's email. I will see if I can contact him.

              --- barryem <barryem@...> wrote:

              > --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Randy.R" <steyrhahn@y...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > I've sent an email to empire-deluxe-owner@yahoogroups.com which
              > > should go to Paul.
              > >
              > > If Paul has lost interest, been swallowed by a shark, or
              > something,
              > > we should try to get Yahoo to grant someone else moderator privs.
              > >
              > > Any volunteers?
              >
              > Historically Yahoo has refused to do that.
              >
              > Barry

            • whineywright
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 18, 2006
                I'll say hi!! Does this help the non nil case?

                Seriously. My game play has tappered off during the "season" and is
                just starting to get back. I'm sure others have the same situations.

                Eric
              • Tim Ailes
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 18, 2006
                  Yeah. Me too. I need to get on the ball and finish my tournament games.
                  :-[

                  whineywright wrote:

                  >I'll say hi!! Does this help the non nil case?
                  >
                  >Seriously. My game play has tappered off during the "season" and is
                  >just starting to get back. I'm sure others have the same situations.
                  >
                  >Eric
                  >

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • vespasian71
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 20, 2006
                    --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "barryem" <barryem@y...> wrote:

                    > --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Randy.R" <steyrhahn@y...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I've sent an email to empire-deluxe-owner@yahoogroups.com which
                    > > should go to Paul.
                    > >
                    > > If Paul has lost interest, been swallowed by a shark, or something,
                    > > we should try to get Yahoo to grant someone else moderator privs.
                    > >
                    > > Any volunteers?
                    >
                    > Historically Yahoo has refused to do that.
                    >
                    > Barry

                    Sorry all. I've killed the shark and stolen back my email access.
                  • Randy.R
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 20, 2006
                      Welcome back Paul.

                      have a good holiday?