EDEE - Tactics vs AI - Shield wall backed by Artillery

  • Steve - The Grey One
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2005
      I play on 1500 x 150 square maps with 18 AI each starting with 4
      cities. I use a modded DB where the AI infantry and armor units do
      have a resourse drain so they can be very numerous.

      Sometimes they are too numerous in a given area. At these locations I
      try to setup a "Shield Wall" of:
      Dug in Armor / Infantry, (mine do cause resource drain)
      Artillery behind the line on a 1/4 ratio to other units when possible.
      Aircraft mostly for spotting artillery.
      1 or 2 Anit Air units usualy stationed toward the ends

      Note: Since I use units the AI cant like:
      Like expensive artillery with an extra square range and a fighter
      bomber with a shorter range, (3/5), but which can take 2 hits I can
      hold this line against 5 to 1 numbers.
      I consider this to be cheating against the AI but it works for me.

      I would play against humans but I can't be relied upon to finish a game.

      Steve - Beating up hapless AI