Re: [empire-deluxe] Re: Looking for PBEM players

  • Striker
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 24, 2005
      I am ready and willing :-)

      Leo (Striker)

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "mcboerns" <thomas@...>
      To: <empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2005 9:21 AM
      Subject: [empire-deluxe] Re: Looking for PBEM players

      > Okay, everbody wanting to join, write me an email (thomas@stingray-
      > it.ch) and let's discuss the rest there.
      >
      > Cheers
      >

      > --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "mcboerns" <thomas@s...> wrote:
      >>
      >> It would be an EDEE game, so I take it that I can put you on the
      >> list. Any recommendations regarding the map size?
      >>
      >> --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Karawane" <admiral@s...>
      >> wrote:
      >> >
      >> > Which game? EDIE or EDEE?
      >> >
      >> > If EDEE I would like to join your Email game. Drop me note or
      > put
      >> me
      >> > on the player list if you like. From experience, I'd suggest to
      >> give
      >> > every player some 50 buy points and 3 cities at start. Otherwise,
      >> > it'll take weeks to get the game going.
      >> >
      >> > Karawane
      >> >
      >> > --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "mcboerns" <thomas@s...>

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Randy.R
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 17, 2006
        Interesting observation.

        Last turn a fighter was blinking and I clicked on it and dragged my
        cursor to city A, expecting the fighter to go there. Instead, the
        fighter flew to nearby city B. This turn, the fighter had the orders
        to fly from city B to city A without an order this turn and did so.

        I think I have seen this before, but wasn't able to catch it.
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 17, 2006
          If this is the case I am thinking of, you instructed the plane to fly to A, but it did not have enough range  to get there. So it went to refuel at B which was close enough to land in, and then continued on to A. This is intentional.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 20, 2006
            I saw it too. I give figther 1074 orders to go to the city at
            102,130. It is only 11 spaces so the fighter should have no problem.
            The Fighter moved from 108,139 to 107,138. It sees an infantry at
            105,136 which is on the most direct path, but not blocking other
            paths. Instead of giving an alert, or continuing with its orders, the
            plane retreats. It then pauses in a post-move alert as if to say "You
            aren't the boss of me!"

            I posted it in the EDEE-MOD group in files/WTF.zip but others had
            trouble using it. Maybe they need Rich's SOLO-MOD, maybe it was
            because I install in G:\edee. If you can get it to work, ignore all
            other units and tell plane 1074 to go to the city to the NNW.

            Andy Young a.k.a GeneralError

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 21, 2006
              I sent Mark a game save file that doesn't use a Mod which
              demonstrates the issue..

              --- general_error_reading_hard_drive <general_error404@...>