Empire II: The Art of War

  • Josiah Groff
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 22, 2005
      Hi!

      I just joined this group. I know it's mostly for Empire Deluxe, but I
      was wondering if anyone has any interest in Empire II. I used to play
      it a lot, then forgot about it, and now am thinking of getting it off
      the shelf again. Two things:

      1. There's a patch out there. My old hard drive which had the patch is
      now in the landfill. Does anyone have the patch so I can install it on
      my new computer?

      2. Is anyone interested in Empire II PBEM? I'd be able to do maybe a
      few turns a week for now, more frequently once winter break starts.

      Sorry I'm a little off-topic. If there is a list that has more of an
      Empire II focus please let me know.

      Josiah
    • Andrew Peiman
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 22, 2005
        I've just uploaded the 1.01 patch for Empire II to my website www.salientgames.com you can find it in the download section.

        (you'll need to register as a member)

        Andrew Peiman

        Josiah Groff <jagroff@...> wrote:
        Hi!

        I just joined this group. I know it's mostly for Empire Deluxe, but I
        was wondering if anyone has any interest in Empire II. I used to play
        it a lot, then forgot about it, and now am thinking of getting it off
        the shelf again. Two things:

        1. There's a patch out there. My old hard drive which had the patch is
        now in the landfill. Does anyone have the patch so I can install it on
        my new computer?

        2. Is anyone interested in Empire II PBEM? I'd be able to do maybe a
        few turns a week for now, more frequently once winter break starts.

        Sorry I'm a little off-topic. If there is a list that has more of an
        Empire II focus please let me know.

        Josiah

      • Matthew Shelton
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 23, 2005
          empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          >Message: 4
          > Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:05:52 -0000
          > From: "Josiah Groff" <jagroff@...>
          >Subject: Empire II: The Art of War
          >
          >Hi!
          >
          >I just joined this group. I know it's mostly for Empire Deluxe, but I
          >was wondering if anyone has any interest in Empire II. I used to play
          >it a lot, then forgot about it, and now am thinking of getting it off
          >the shelf again. Two things:
          >
          >1. There's a patch out there. My old hard drive which had the patch is
          >now in the landfill. Does anyone have the patch so I can install it on
          >my new computer?
          >
          >2. Is anyone interested in Empire II PBEM? I'd be able to do maybe a
          >few turns a week for now, more frequently once winter break starts.
          >
          >Sorry I'm a little off-topic. If there is a list that has more of an
          >Empire II focus please let me know.
          >
          >Josiah

          Ahh, I remember Empire II. Drooled over it, bought it, played it a
          couple times, hated the fact that it wasn't anything like ED,
          uninstalled it and shelved the CD, haven't been interested in it since.
          New World Computing tried to mess with a proven formula, and E2 failed
          because of it. So much potential, so many great ideas ... and then they
          removed the critical elements that made ED what it was. E2 became just
          another abstract wargame simulator.

          --

          Matthew Shelton
          aka Master Matthias Fleewinter
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 23, 2005
            > >I just joined this group. I know it’s mostly for
            > Empire Deluxe, but I
            > >was wondering if anyone has any interest in Empire
            > II. I used to play
            > >it a lot, then forgot about it, and now am thinking
            > of getting it off
            > >the shelf again. Two things:
            > >
            > >1. There’s a patch out there. My old hard drive
            > which had the patch is
            > >now in the landfill. Does anyone have the patch so
            > I can install it on
            > >my new computer?
            > >
            > >2. Is anyone interested in Empire II PBEM? I’d be
            > able to do maybe a
            > >few turns a week for now, more frequently once
            > winter break starts.
            > >
            > >Sorry I’m a little off-topic. If there is a list
            > that has more of an
            > >Empire II focus please let me know.
            > >
            > >Josiah
            > >

            > Ahh, I remember Empire II. Drooled over it, bought
            > it, played it a
            > couple times, hated the fact that it wasn’t
            > anything like ED,
            > uninstalled it and shelved the CD, haven’t been
            > interested in it since.
            > New World Computing tried to mess with a proven
            > formula, and E2 failed
            > because of it. So much potential, so many great
            > ideas ... and then they
            > removed the critical elements that made ED what it
            > was. E2 became just
            > another abstract wargame simulator.

            What did you think made ED so different? I haven't played it. Maybe that's a good thing for my family.

            Josiah
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 23, 2005
              Oddly enough, E2 is the one I think Mark made the most money on. The military was VERY interested in it for some of their
              desktop planning and he did all kinds of contract work for them with it, as I recall.

              I'm like you though...if I'm going to play a game of that general level I much prefer Perfect General.

              Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 3:12 AM
              Subject: [empire-deluxe] Re: Empire II: The Art of War