Looking for PBEM players

  • mcboerns
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 22, 2005
      Hi there

      I'm looking for people to join or start a PBEM game. If you're
      interested or you got a link for me, please post a note.

      Cheers
    • herbert baucage
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 22, 2005
      • Andrew M Nuxoll
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 23, 2005
          I've got two other games going on right now but if no one else will play
          with you, I'm willing to toss another log ontothe fire. I'mon vacation
          right now and unable to play until Monday (Nov 28).

          :AMN:

          On Tue, 22 Nov 2005,
          mcboerns wrote:

          > Hi there
          >
          > I'm looking for people to join or start a PBEM game. If you're
          > interested or you got a link for me, please post a note.
          >
          > Cheers
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Karawane
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 23, 2005
            Which game? EDIE or EDEE?

            If EDEE I would like to join your Email game. Drop me note or put me
            on the player list if you like. From experience, I'd suggest to give
            every player some 50 buy points and 3 cities at start. Otherwise,
            it'll take weeks to get the game going.

            Karawane

            --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "mcboerns" <thomas@s...> wrote:

            > Hi there
            >
            > I'm looking for people to join or start a PBEM game. If you're
            > interested or you got a link for me, please post a note.
            >
            > Cheers

          • mcboerns
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 23, 2005
              It would be an EDEE game, so I take it that I can put you on the
              list. Any recommendations regarding the map size?

              --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Karawane" <admiral@s...>
              wrote:

              > Which game? EDIE or EDEE?
              >
              > If EDEE I would like to join your Email game. Drop me note or put
              me
              > on the player list if you like. From experience, I'd suggest to
              give
              > every player some 50 buy points and 3 cities at start. Otherwise,
              > it'll take weeks to get the game going.
              >
              > Karawane
              >
              > --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "mcboerns" <thomas@s...>
              wrote:

              > > Hi there
              > >
              > > I'm looking for people to join or start a PBEM game. If you're
              > > interested or you got a link for me, please post a note.
              > >
              > > Cheers

            • Randy.R
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 23, 2005
                Am I in? The details of the game should be discussed among the
                players and not broadcast to the entire [empire-deluxe] group.

                EDEE is my preference. at least a 100x120 map wrapped.

                I haven't used buy points before, so I'm interested to see how that
                will work. I suppose I should try buy points in a small game against
                a robot AI first.

                steyrhahn

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 23, 2005
                  I'll gladly destroy....er, play you! <grin>

                  ===============================
                  Steven Woodcock
                  From the High, Snowy Mountains of Colorado

                  mcboerns wrote:

                  > Hi there
                  >
                  > I'm looking for people to join or start a PBEM game. If you're
                  > interested or you got a link for me, please post a note.
                  >
                  > Cheers

                • Karawane
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 23, 2005
                    Steve, looks like we get to fight each other in EDEE instead of PG
                    this time :-) I suppose, you'll have the home field advantage here...

                    Karawane

                    --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Woodcock"
                    <wyrdhaven@a...> wrote:

                    > I'll gladly destroy....er, play you! <grin>
                    >

                    > ===============================
                    > Steven Woodcock
                    > From the High, Snowy Mountains of Colorado

                  • mcboerns
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 24, 2005
                      Okay, everbody wanting to join, write me an email (thomas@stingray-
                      it.ch) and let's discuss the rest there.

                      Cheers

                      --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "mcboerns" <thomas@s...> wrote:

                      > It would be an EDEE game, so I take it that I can put you on the
                      > list. Any recommendations regarding the map size?
                      >
                      > --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Karawane" <admiral@s...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Which game? EDIE or EDEE?
                      > >
                      > > If EDEE I would like to join your Email game. Drop me note or
                      put
                      > me
                      > > on the player list if you like. From experience, I'd suggest to
                      > give
                      > > every player some 50 buy points and 3 cities at start. Otherwise,
                      > > it'll take weeks to get the game going.
                      > >
                      > > Karawane
                      > >
                      > > --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "mcboerns" <thomas@s...>
                      > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Hi there
                      > > >
                      > > > I'm looking for people to join or start a PBEM game. If you're
                      > > > interested or you got a link for me, please post a note.
                      > > >
                      > > > Cheers

                    • mcboerns
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 24, 2005
                        Write me an email (thomas@...) if you wanna join and
                        let's discuss the rest there.

                        Cheers

                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 24, 2005
                          heheeheheheh

                          Hey, you're a *good* player.....always learning something new from watching you (as you destroy my units, of course, but....)

                          <wyrdhaven@a...> wrote:

                          > I'll gladly destroy....er, play you! <grin>
                          >

                          > ===============================
                          > Steven Woodcock
                          > From the High, Snowy Mountains of Colorado

                        • Striker
                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 24, 2005
                            I am ready and willing :-)

                            Leo (Striker)

                            > it.ch) and let's discuss the rest there.
                            >
                            > Cheers
                            >

                            > --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "mcboerns" <thomas@s...> wrote:
                            >>
                            >> It would be an EDEE game, so I take it that I can put you on the
                            >> list. Any recommendations regarding the map size?
                            >>
                            >> --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Karawane" <admiral@s...>
                            >> wrote:
                            >> >
                            >> > Which game? EDIE or EDEE?
                            >> >
                            >> > If EDEE I would like to join your Email game. Drop me note or
                            > put
                            >> me
                            >> > on the player list if you like. From experience, I'd suggest to
                            >> give
                            >> > every player some 50 buy points and 3 cities at start. Otherwise,
                            >> > it'll take weeks to get the game going.
                            >> >
                            >> > Karawane
                            >> >
                            >> > --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "mcboerns" <thomas@s...>

                            > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Randy.R
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 17, 2006
                              Interesting observation.

                              Last turn a fighter was blinking and I clicked on it and dragged my
                              cursor to city A, expecting the fighter to go there. Instead, the
                              fighter flew to nearby city B. This turn, the fighter had the orders
                              to fly from city B to city A without an order this turn and did so.

                              I think I have seen this before, but wasn't able to catch it.
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 17, 2006
                                If this is the case I am thinking of, you instructed the plane to fly to A, but it did not have enough range  to get there. So it went to refuel at B which was close enough to land in, and then continued on to A. This is intentional.

                                Message 15 of 16 , Jan 20, 2006
                                  I saw it too. I give figther 1074 orders to go to the city at
                                  102,130. It is only 11 spaces so the fighter should have no problem.
                                  The Fighter moved from 108,139 to 107,138. It sees an infantry at
                                  105,136 which is on the most direct path, but not blocking other
                                  paths. Instead of giving an alert, or continuing with its orders, the
                                  plane retreats. It then pauses in a post-move alert as if to say "You
                                  aren't the boss of me!"

                                  I posted it in the EDEE-MOD group in files/WTF.zip but others had
                                  trouble using it. Maybe they need Rich's SOLO-MOD, maybe it was
                                  because I install in G:\edee. If you can get it to work, ignore all
                                  other units and tell plane 1074 to go to the city to the NNW.

                                  Andy Young a.k.a GeneralError

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jan 21, 2006
                                    I sent Mark a game save file that doesn't use a Mod which
                                    demonstrates the issue..

                                    --- general_error_reading_hard_drive <general_error404@...>