Re: [empire-deluxe] hmmm

    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 6, 2005
      Well, like I said...to be fair you CAN use what you've got if you install the Netbios stack on your various machines. It's just not usually installed by default. You CAN even get it all working using the serial port connections if you work hard at it (Bob Rakowsky said I was the only person he knew he got the full 6-player serial port connection working besides him), but it's harder than it ought to be.

      But really, the newer version is much cleaner.

      Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 8:41 AM
      Subject: [empire-deluxe] hmmm

      thanks for all your responses ... went away thinking i should check in
      a few days to see if if anyone had responded ... you are very good
      forum people :)

      ok so i am playing with Empire Deluxe

      i have a PC and laptop linked via wireless ... they are networked so
      they can see each others hard drive and stuff ... they use the same
      printer etc

      but despite all that i still need a different version? ... sheesh ...
      i really should be able to lose the empire habit by now it keeps
      costing me money

      steve

    • Grey One

        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 6, 2005
          I recently had a disk crash and lost these wonderful maps made by someone
          who somewhere on the map put his initials "CHE" with mountain terrain.
          Where can I find these maps again?
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 6, 2005
            You can find them on my website at

            Grab the file under "Empire Stuff"

            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 6, 2005
              Yes I can see them, but they appear not to be hyperlinked for downloading,
              one table of maps and another of scenarios.

              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 6, 2005
                Yeah, its a little backwards. That's the old page and when it moved I wrapped them all up in one bundle. Link is here:

                Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 1:43 PM
                Subject: Re: [empire-deluxe] 3.11 "CHE" maps

                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 6, 2005
                  Oh, and while we're on the subject, my favorite all time map is one he did, called ABBA (a scenario actually).

                  If you like CHE maps you might check out Dave Munson's maps, those I am not sure if he did them for ED 3.11....Dave?

                  Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 1:48 PM

                  Yeah, its a little backwards. That's the old page and when it moved I wrapped them all up in one bundle. Link is here:

                  Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 1:43 PM

                  At 12:04 PM 11/6/2005, you wrote:
                  >You can find them on my website at
                  >
                  ><http://killerbeesoftware.com/ed>http://killerbeesoftware.com/ed
                  >
                  >Grab the file under "Empire Stuff"
                  >
                  >--Mark

                • Andy Young
                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 6, 2005
                    Patrick,
                    You can find some CHE maps for EDIE in the files section.  These are large maps that have been tuned so that the AI actually might give you a bit of trouble.

                    -- GeneralError

                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 6, 2005
                      He's looking for 3.11 versions.

                      Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 2:00 PM

                      At 12:04 PM 11/6/2005, you wrote:
                      >You can find them on my website at
                      >
                      ><http://killerbeesoftware.com/ed>http://killerbeesoftware.com/ed
                      >
                      >Grab the file under "Empire Stuff"
                      >
                      >--Mark

                    • ticdoffus
                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 6, 2005
                        if you want to stay with 3.11...

                        --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "stevevfoster" <svfoster@b...>
                        wrote:

                        > thanks for all your responses ... went away thinking i should check
                        in
                        > a few days to see if if anyone had responded ... you are very good
                        > forum people :)
                        >
                        > ok so i am playing with Empire Deluxe
                        >
                        > i have a PC and laptop linked via wireless ... they are networked so
                        > they can see each others hard drive and stuff ... they use the same
                        > printer etc
                        >
                        > but despite all that i still need a different version? ... sheesh .
                        ..
                        > i really should be able to lose the empire habit by now it keeps
                        > costing me money
                        >
                        > steve

                      • ticdoffus
                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 6, 2005
                          there in our file area here...labeld CHE maps

                          --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Groebner <patrick@S...>
                          wrote:

                          > I recently had a disk crash and lost these wonderful maps made by
                          someone
                          > who somewhere on the map put his initials "CHE" with mountain
                          terrain.
                          > Where can I find these maps again?

                        • Andrew Platfoot
                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 6, 2005
                            Hi Steve

                            You wrote ==>>>

                            but despite all that i still need a different version?
                            ... sheesh ...
                            i really should be able to lose the empire habit by
                            now it keeps costing me money

                            steve

                            <<<==

                            It is not so much a habit but a way of life for the
                            illuminated few.

                            By the way I plug for EDEE. I like the potential
                            variability it offers. There are some mighty clever
                            mods around on the swarm forum like Oblivion's version
                            or Rich's SoloMod.

                            Choices, choices, choices ... (sigh)

                            Cheers

                            Take your Mail with you - get Yahoo! Mail on your mobile
                            http://au.mobile.yahoo.com/mweb/index.html
                          • barryem
                            Message 13 of 19 , Nov 9, 2005
                              --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Woodcock"
                              <wyrdhaven@a...> wrote:

                              > Well, like I said...to be fair you CAN use what you've got if you
                              install the Netbios stack on your various machines. It's just not
                              usually installed by default. You CAN even get it all working using
                              the serial port connections if you work hard at it (Bob Rakowsky said
                              I was the only person he knew he got the full 6-player serial port
                              connection working besides him), but it's harder than it ought to be.

                              A lot of newer computers don't come with serial ports. My new one
                              doesn't.

                              Message 14 of 19 , Nov 9, 2005
                                Hmmmm....I admit I hadn't thought of that. Good point.

                                > Well, like I said...to be fair you CAN use what you've got if you
                                install the Netbios stack on your various machines. It's just not
                                usually installed by default. You CAN even get it all working using
                                the serial port connections if you work hard at it (Bob Rakowsky said
                                I was the only person he knew he got the full 6-player serial port
                                connection working besides him), but it's harder than it ought to be.

                                A lot of newer computers don't come with serial ports.  My new one
                                doesn't.

                                Barry

                              • Grey One
                                Message 15 of 19 , Nov 9, 2005
                                  A serial port can be added for less than 15 dollars.
                                  Hmmmm....I admit I hadn't thought of that. Good point.

                                  > Well, like I said...to be fair you CAN use what you've got if you
                                  install the Netbios stack on your various machines. It's just not
                                  usually installed by default. You CAN even get it all working using
                                  the serial port connections if you work hard at it (Bob Rakowsky said
                                  I was the only person he knew he got the full 6-player serial port
                                  connection working besides him), but it's harder than it ought to be.

                                  A lot of newer computers don't come with serial ports.  My new one
                                  doesn't.

                                  Barry

                                • Dave Bott
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Nov 9, 2005
                                    A better buy to pick up EDEE or EDIE for a few more $ :-)

                                    DAve

                                    A serial port can be added for less than 15 dollars.
                                    Hmmmm....I admit I hadn't thought of that. Good point.

                                    > Well, like I said...to be fair you CAN use what you've got if you
                                    install the Netbios stack on your various machines. It's just not
                                    usually installed by default. You CAN even get it all working using
                                    the serial port connections if you work hard at it (Bob Rakowsky said
                                    I was the only person he knew he got the full 6-player serial port
                                    connection working besides him), but it's harder than it ought to be.

                                    A lot of newer computers don't come with serial ports.  My new one
                                    doesn't.

                                    Barry

                                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                     Visit your group " empire-deluxe" on the web.

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Nov 9, 2005
                                      True enough...heck, I even have a 2-port card which I originally bought so that I could hook up 4 other Empire players.