Empire DeLuxe that works

  • Johan Fridell
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 24 6:52 AM
      Hello everyone.

      I am a longtime fan of the brilliant Empire game. I Haven´t played
      it
      for many years and just thought of it recently. So I got ot on the
      net and found a version of the game but it doesn´t work.

      I have a Windows98 system and when i Click to launch absolutly
      nothing happens. I have unzipped it and also entered the password in
      the config-part but dubbleclicking the exe-file does not launch the
      game.

      What is the problem, what is the cure? Where can i get some help in
      order to join the ranks of wargamers again?

      Please help me out!

      Best regards
      Johan - sweden
    • maucoin@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 24 11:28 AM
        I have had mixed success with getting the game to work. It worked fine on my
        old computer with windows '95 until I installed another program and ED
        stopped completely. I tried everything including uninstalling the new
        program and reinstalling ED.

        My new computer has windows 98 and it does kind of work but it I can't change
        any of the preferences. I tried it on a friends computer with 98 and it
        didn't work. Seems to be hit and miss with it comes to Empire Deluxe.
      • Mark Wehrmann
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 25 4:31 AM
          Hi,

          I got ED to work on Win98 without do anything special with it. It just works fine! Okay, you should not switch forth and back to Windows from ED Dos-Window without exiting first.

          Mark

          empire-deluxe@egroups.com schrieb am 24.09.00:

          > I have had mixed success with getting the game to work. It worked fine on my
          > old computer with windows '95 until I installed another program and ED
          > stopped completely. I tried everything including uninstalling the new
          > program and reinstalling ED.
          >
          > My new computer has windows 98 and it does kind of work but it I can't change
          > any of the preferences. I tried it on a friends computer with 98 and it
          > didn't work. Seems to be hit and miss with it comes to Empire Deluxe.

          IhrName@..., 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de
        • Alan Scase
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 25 1:36 PM
            There is a version of Empire Deluxe rthat runs under windows. Its called Empire Deluxe Masters Edition. It came out about six years ago. It has DOS and  Windows versions on the CD the windows version is 3.12
            Alan Scase
            I got ED to work on Win98 without do anything special with it. It just works fine! Okay, you should not switch forth and back to Windows from ED Dos-Window without exiting first.

            Mark

            empire-deluxe@egroups.com schrieb am 24.09.00:

            > I have had mixed success with getting the game to work.  It worked fine on my
            > old computer with windows '95  until I installed another program and ED
            > stopped completely.  I tried everything including uninstalling the new
            > program and reinstalling ED.
            >
            > My new computer has windows 98 and it does kind of work but it I can't change
            > any of the preferences.  I tried it on a friends computer with 98 and it
            > didn't work.  Seems to be hit and miss with it comes to Empire Deluxe.

            IhrName@..., 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de

          • Rick Cook
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 25 2:14 PM
              Can you email the Empire Deluxe Masters Edition file or can I down load it? If down load, where? I am starting to have withdrawel. Thanks

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 25 2:38 PM
                Sorry its a retail copy of the cd but as its no longer available commercially just this onceI will email the windows contents and the  direct to your home email. its comming as a seperate email
                It is word protected however so you will have to email me while you are running the config file if you arrange a time and date in advance I will make certain I am online
                Alan