New

  • galactic_conquest_v1
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
      I'm new here; does anyone have advice for me?
    • Andy Young
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
        G_C_v1,

        Firstly, turn around and walk away.  Empire Deluxe and Empire Deluxe Internet Edition are very addictive.  I have lost years of productive time playing this game.

        If you have already been bitten, I offer my condolences to your family and friends.  Places to go:

        Yahoo Group (here): read some of the threads.

        Killerbee Software for product upgrades and occasional news.

        The webring for other web sites

        Givoni's ED Ladder for human opponents.

        Any search engine will give you many hits on empire deluxe.

        Enjoy

        -- GeneralError
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
          I think I've seen this mentioned before but I want to make sure. Are other
          folks seeing EDEE freeze up sometimes in the middle of combat between two
          units? It happens to me occasionally and I was disappointed to see it
          wasn't fixed by the latest patch. Obviously, this is a hard bug to fix
          because it's not readily recreatable. Does anyone know of a way to "wake
          up" EDEE when this happens? Does anyone know of a way to prevent it from
          happening? Also, does anyone know of a way to catch the bug when it occurs
          so we can send it to mok?

          Thanks,
          :AMN:
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
            Andrew,

            This bug was NOT fixed. It could not be captured. I would love to squash it, but I have not been able to recreate it or simulate it on my end.

            It may be related to your user preferences. Send me your preferences file if you can. It may also be an external issue, such as the sound card or the video card.