Path Mode

  • hbaucage
    Message 1 of 3 , May 12, 2005
      Is there a way to set a path command on EDEE?
    • Gratetful Grey One
      Message 2 of 3 , May 12, 2005
        Yes,
        Hold Ctrl
        Left Click on Starting Point, (and it need not be a city)
        Right Click, (and release) on each leg of the journy
        Release Left Mouse button
        Release Ctrl.

        I don't have the game at work but I'm pretty sure that works.
        Note: if you create a path from A to B to C if an apropriate unit enters B but not from A it will not follow the path to C .

        Message 3 of 3 , May 12, 2005

          Steve, I think you have the wrong context. I suspect this is in reference to Paths as in Movement Paths from city-to city in EDIE, not just a move to command.

          If so, this would be done via "Quick Order Points",

          The instructions on doing that are in the Game Play Interface chapter of the manual

          under the "Other Details Link" called "Order Points Dialog" copied below:

          Quick Order Points (Old Style Movement Paths)

          Earlier versions of Empire Deluxe had Movement Paths, which would instruct a unit to start at one point and move to another. These are now represented as order points. Empire Deluxe Enhanced now has "Quick Order Points", which is a fast way to build an Order Point with only a Move To Order

          To Make A Quick Order Point:

          With The Mouse:

          1. Enter Quick Order Points Mode by pressing the appropriate hotkey or selecting it from the menu.

          2.  Then you will left click and hold at the location you want to order point to start at, and then draw a path as if you were making a Move To command when moving a unit. Be aware that you have to hold down the mouse for a little longer before you move (i.e. until the move to line would start drawing - a dot will appear to indicate this). To abort this mode and cancel the path, hit escape or the Quick Order Points Mode Key again.

          3. When you release the left mouse to complete the path, a dialog will appear enabling you to set the level (s) and the type (s). The filter buttons are used to help select/deselect unit types.

          4. Save and Close will save the order point. You may edit it further via access in the Terrain Tab.

          With The Keyboard:

          For the keyboard you must also enter survey mode, make the path with the movement keys, and other keys will set a waypoint on the path, erase a waypoint, and the Quick Order Points Mode key will set the path and call up the dialog to make the settings.

          I believe default hot keys are:

          Start/DoneShift + F1
          Set Path PointShift + F2
          Erase Path PointShift + F3