Moderating

  • Antrine
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2005
      Actually if it is any 'consolation' Grateful Grey One, I do think you
      are doing a good job.

      Rich, just an idea, if you do not like the AI building roads, then
      how about ticking off that characteristic for the engineer, yet allow
      AI engineers to build mines only. Make a duplicate engineer for
      humans that do everything.

      Also, to give the AI more punch, increase the defense of infantry and
      extend their movement by one. For balance extend movement of armor by
      one or even two.

      Just ideas.

      Antrine
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2005
        Atrine,
        Thanks. I do apriciate the feedback. I hate using power. I play my
        games as I can rlease it in a controled manner and noone gets hurt.
        Life goes on
        Steve - The pensive Grey One

        --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Antrine" <Ukala@c...> wrote:

        > Actually if it is any 'consolation' Grateful Grey One, I do think you
        > are doing a good job.
        >
        > Rich, just an idea, if you do not like the AI building roads, then
        > how about ticking off that characteristic for the engineer, yet allow
        > AI engineers to build mines only. Make a duplicate engineer for
        > humans that do everything.
        >
        > Also, to give the AI more punch, increase the defense of infantry and
        > extend their movement by one. For balance extend movement of armor by
        > one or even two.
        >
        > Just ideas.
        >
        > Antrine
      • rich12545
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 16, 2005
          --- In empire-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "Antrine" <Ukala@c...> wrote:

          > Actually if it is any 'consolation' Grateful Grey One, I do think you
          > are doing a good job.
          >
          > Rich, just an idea, if you do not like the AI building roads, then
          > how about ticking off that characteristic for the engineer, yet allow
          > AI engineers to build mines only. Make a duplicate engineer for
          > humans that do everything.
          >
          > Also, to give the AI more punch, increase the defense of infantry and
          > extend their movement by one. For balance extend movement of armor by
          > one or even two.
          >
          > Just ideas.
          >
          > Antrine

          Pretty good ideas. One problem is the engineer is unlikely to lay
          mines intelligently either. And I already thought about your second
          idea. Ver1 had an elite infantry called a para. I put it into the
          script and the ai did fine with it. But I took it out because I
          wanted to keep the game simple. But I did make the armor a bit more
          powerful. What I meant by punch is don't include units like trucks or
          patrol boats that don't really do much. The ai will waste cities
          making these things when they should be producing better units.

          I really like Empire and one of the main reasons is its simplicity.
          Like I said in the readme file in my SoloMod is that what I wanted
          from edee was edie with better graphics, a few more units and the
          ability to tweak units. After testing it, I want to tell you the ai
          kicks ass. I really didn't expect it to do quite so well and was
          quite taken aback. After doing this mod I really believe that in
          order to make a solo mod you need to keep the total number of units
          down, make every unit that the ai produces a useful one and be very
          careful to have units that the ai is capable of utilizing, don't ask
          the ai to do something with a unit that it's not capable of.