Self-centering is doing just the opposite

  • barryem
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2005
      I'm mainly playing EDEE on a laptop with a 1024x768 screen and I'm
      playing a game on a fairly large world and when it's my turn and the
      screen is nicely centered and the focus goes to another piece, even
      though it's in the center of the screen, the map shifts so that that
      piece is no longer in the center but near the edge and I lose
      context for moving that piece.

      I'm not sure how clearly I've explained that but I hope you can
      understand it. I suspect that the testing was done on larger
      screens but I'm just guessing here.

      It would be nicer if the piece in focus would either shift to the
      center or the map didn't move at all unless movement was needed to
      make it visible.